Trouble with reveals

Dr pepper

Hi all need some help and advice plastering reveals, have noticed slight arching in the corners (not square nice right angles) where the head of the reveal meets the wall, tried corner trowel while plaster wet and as firming up,tried picking out corner with the toe of the trowel, tried just troweling out from window towards, troweling down bead, not to much plaster on trowel to start etc... Really driving us mad!! Any advice will be great! Cheers

Cheers zombie will give that a try... the bead side fine just the internal window side slightly arches, have been told that because the trowel is curved you will always get a slight round to the corner? But dont really believe this theory surly you can get the corner nice an tight with the trowel?

Use a float to pull them into shape, then trowel in. Assuming u scribe reveals square with window frame, if u have rest of reveal straight, use back of trowel to rule off the excess skim in corner as if ur trowel is an edge and you're straightening a wall. If that makes any sense to u.

Cheers guys for feedback will defo give all ideas ago ... When using the float Simon85, float corners in assuming once you've second coated? Rub up with float then trowel away from corner down the bead wall side and away from corner across the bead (head reveal) again many thanks for the advice gents

Hi all need some help and advice plastering reveals, have noticed slight arching in the corners (not square nice right angles) where the head of the reveal meets the wall, tried corner trowel while plaster wet and as firming up,tried picking out corner with the toe of the trowel, tried just troweling out from window towards, troweling down bead, not to much plaster on trowel to start etc... Really driving us mad!! Any advice will be great! Cheers

stop loading it with skim

Yeah coat it and have it pretty much squared, and rub the float up and down it and to the bead at the top.

Do reveals at end of gauge when skim is bit thicker. Don’t put too much on.

Just load the bead as if you was skimming a wall. Then turn trowel
And trowel up with trowel flat but touching bead. This will create your angle. Hard to explain without showing illol

Good point algeeman and lurpak will make sure as not to load corner with to much skim, I understand what your saying lurpak will give it a go.... cheers Simon85 for explaining... thanks for all responses bring on the next reveal!

Good point algeeman and lurpak will make sure as not to load corner with to much skim, I understand what your saying lurpak will give it a go.... cheers Simon85 for explaining... thanks for all responses bring on the next reveal!
When u have them straight don't trowel them when they are too soft or you can pull them out of shape

Do reveals at end of gauge when skim is bit thicker. Don’t put too much on.

Just load the bead as if you was skimming a wall. Then turn trowel
And trowel up with trowel flat but touching bead. This will create your angle. Hard to explain without showing illol
no no no no no do your reavels as you go

Out of curiosity has anyone else had the same problem with reveals? Or is it just me
It can happen aye, or have a slight Bell cast at bottom if ur not paying attention. We do opposites though, ceilings and try an pick up heads when possible, then opposites and reveals then finish rooms off. Just coated too much onto it at the start, or else troweled to early and slid the stuff up to the corner. Can help to have an edge small enough to pull across the revel make sure it's straight. Just make sure u don't dig in too much and scrape it back behind square.

Thanks Simon 85 just to know that it happens to other people time to time puts us at rest abit(y) thought might should silly posting, thank for all the responses gents

For 20yrs I've hated reveals dunno why just always have!

Best thing about having a apprentice is making them do them then slag them off! Lol
Will ye give me full money just to do ye reveals..would suit me . We had 21 on 3 walls other day . With cills foot n half from floor

Reveals for me were the hardest thing to master.... but letting the first coat firm up was the best tip i got
All so precise, to square and straight, and never see them, hid by curtains and blinds lol I can one hundred percent say I've not looked at the ones in my house here. Don't want to anyways coz if they are off it will irritate me, and I'm only renting so not Gona be fixing it lol