Trolls and thread hijacking...... Infractions and Banning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Over the last few weeks a lot of trolls have appeared on the forum, I am not sure why but its getting very annoying not only for me but a lot of the other members.

If you have nothing good/nice/interesting/important to say then don't say it....

We all like the banter, but in a few threads just recently its been cutting a little too close to the bone.... We have had people moan that threads have been hijacked and we sort that out then in the same breath they go and hi jack other members threads.

There is a button on every post called "infractions" I have not mentioned this before as I did not see the need however recently I think its about time I showed you what it can do and how it will better moderate the forum and make it a lot more of a pleasant place.

If you click the infraction button (which is next to the thanks button) you are given an option to give a reason why an infraction should be carried out. Every infraction carries points and very much like your driving license if you get too many points then you will receive an automatic ban the ban will last for 2 weeks.

I am not going to say how many points it is when you get banned but its not as many as you would like to hope.

This is member moderating at its best!! This is basically means you guys can decide who stays and who goes....

However.... infractions need to have reasons behind them and every infraction will be seen by myself and the mod team so there is no point just dishing them out for the fun of it....

The plasterers forum is here to unite fellow spreads and be a place where we all learn and help each other out... not here to fight and bicker.

All the best

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.