Trisodium citrate

Members online

simon maasz

OK, I'm DIY but have put a fair bit of skim and plaster on over the years and I can get a decent finish. As you would expect I'm slower than the pro's. Now have to do a ceiling that is a bit larger than I have done before - this ones about 5 x 4m, so it's going to take a couple of bags. I know I can get a decent finish if I have long enough, but need to slow the mix down a bit. I've seen posts on here regarding trisodium citrate and the amount varies between teaspoon and tablespoon/bag. I can run some tests, but any recommendations for quantity into multi?

Get some doctor oetker cream of tartar from the supermarket. You get five sachets for a quid. One sachet per bag of multi or board. Or first coat with Unifinish. You get about an extra half hour.

Don't think you'll need that much. If you think it's extratime then see how much by weight is in an extra time sachet and work it out like that. Think extratime is one sachet to one bag? Or just use unifinish or doctor oetker. Tried and tested. If you pva before the unifinish you'll have loaaads of time.