Tried bonding an multi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
tried half bonding half finish today that everyone is raving about it seemed good but in some areas seem to bubble maybe I was laying in too soon do you leave it a bit longer before laying in cheers

tried half bonding half finish today that everyone is raving about it seemed good but in some areas seem to bubble maybe I was laying in too soon do you leave it a bit longer before laying in cheers
What depth were you putting on ?

Didn't know John it was just an experiment really so if it's 10mm an over its half an half
It depends but definitely for what you are doing two handfuls is enough,
Years ago when we were asked to float and set board work we would do half and half and skim when it pulled in..

I wasn't rushing mate just wanted to try it sometimes even when you two coat over Artex the pattern can still bleed through so just wanted to see how it was

Just a tight coat of bonding with dirty water to set it away then skim as normal , no bleed through or risk of it long as ur priced in for it :)

Yes 2 handfuls is just nice, I tend not to always let it pull in just fire multi straight on after a flatten of course, it does blister a little but soon disappear. Also I find the meterage comes down to approx 8m2.

I would always worry the bonding makes the 1st coat hang round longer than the 2nd if you had to much in it ...... Ive seen bonding hang for a good hour and a it longer than it should etc

Status
Not open for further replies.