Travelling To Work ‘Is Work’… European Court Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have all been there, having to leave for work at 4am on a cold Monday morning to subsequently do a full 8 or more hours waving at walls and ceilings and then have a long drive back home and not get in until 6,7 or even 8pm.

http://www.plasterersnews.com/travelling-to-work-is-work-european-court-rules/

qv16a.jpg

Meddling eu fuckwits, let's follow this through a bit, employers will only then employ those that are on the doorstep, or dictate where people can and cannot live.
Let's have the vote to get out of the eu which was only ever intended for trade purposes anyway

cant see that as a problem
It won't be a problem, as it won't worth it for Joe Blog from Scotland to drive to London on a daily basis. So you will end up competing with people in the same area, not nationwide. Because of this some will relocate some will try to make his worth while locally. Hopefully will up the rates if people stick to their guns

It will be a problem as it not practical in a modern Britain. The eu is much like FIFA it is a complete fraud, they have never submitted accounts it is a joke, which we will as a nation prosper far more out of it

About four years back I was on a Lovells job in Worcester we had to tell them our postcode if we were more than 30 miles away you got turned away! Probably a test run [emoji47]

It will be a problem as it not practical in a modern Britain. The eu is much like FIFA it is a complete fraud, they have never submitted accounts it is a joke, which we will as a nation prosper far more out of it
I agree eu is a joke in a sense. Not submitting accounts is naughty, but they unable as they printing money day and night to cover other countries debts, unfortunately the UK is paying in more than what it gets out of it however the open market allowed the UK to build and build for the migrants so it keeps the economy going. Closing the floodgates in front of eu migration would upset the economy big time, just have a look in Ireland (roi) they just about to get going since 2007, most migrants left when the sh!t hit the fan. UK got no manufacturing anymore which is very true for all the other eu countries as all the machinery got sold to China to manufacture cheaply, now China wants proper wages and all and there's a massive financial bubble about to burst. Big loop this is, UK would be lost without the eu in my personal opinion.

https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-working-hours/calculating-your-working-hours

Reading this. It seems if you travel to an office to collect your job sheet etc then go to the job. It's not paid travel.

If you travel straight to the job then straight home at the end of the day, it is paid travel.

Not sure I understand it really. So I go nearly everyday straight to the job. Most are small 1 day jobs. Back to the office into afternoon to load up for the next day. So the morning travel should be paid but the drive from the office to home not?

Is this right? Or am I miles off?

View attachment 7391
Had this email from our office friday, not sure whether opt in or opt out, anyone know a bit about this + what my best option is?

If I understand this right. If you were to be paid travel time, it would take you over the weekly hours.

So you need to opt out of the work time laws. But if your opted out they would no longer apply so no need to pay you??? I think.

If I understand this right. If you were to be paid travel time, it would take you over the weekly hours.

So you need to opt out of the work time laws. But if your opted out they would no longer apply so no need to pay you??? I think.
Thats along the lines i was reading it as but wasnt sure so didnt want opt in or out until understand it.

ok so rereading it....

they pay already for your travel time... which is great but they are worried your going over the EU quota... so you need to agree to that and they will continue to pay you your travel....

ok so rereading it....

they pay already for your travel time... which is great but they are worried your going over the EU quota... so you need to agree to that and they will continue to pay you your travel....
They only pay it on way to job so im guessing they dont want pay it on way back aswell.

I started serving my apprenticeship as a Bricklayer in Manchester, indentured to a small company I received tool money of £2.75 and regardless of where we where working or despite the fact that at 16 I was often chauffeured in a company vehicle I was paid travel allowance cant recall it ever amounted to a fortune but was there in my old pay slips, up until I got my indenture papers in 1992 and stuck my fingers up at £130 pw top line, been self employed ever since and on a training course for plastering.
Need to work out how to use this forum to ask about different
IMG_20151109_110245.jpg
colourings, the attatched pic was total freehand with sandlime render and boulders as the training centre doesnt have a pan mixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.