Transit vs transporter

I’m about to buy a transit custom but until recently always wanted a transporter. What would you go for and why?

VW mate
supposedly they hold there money (y)
but expensive to keep.

my brothers had to fork out something stupid for new tyres

I’ve got a transit on a 13 plate mk7 had it three years been sound cracking runners but they rust terribly.
I’d spend that little bit more if you plan on having it for a while

Transit sills rust. Pull the rubber bungs that are under all the way along and spray DINITROL 3125 RUST PROOFING CAVITY WAX comes in spray cans and easy to do. Buy the long extension nozzle tube. Ive done our Mondeo as well. £35 now and 30mins work will save your a packet

@Casper - he’s had both, he should know his turnips, potato’s, carrots - I’m so pissed I can’t even remember the saying - I even tried googling it :)

Transporter. Great vans. IF you want a proper works van go Custom. They drive so much nicer. Bigger, load through are for 3m lengths. More toys. Cheaper! More comfortable. You won’t be disappointed

3C8FE26B-0254-46B9-B315-E972E2EC73C3.jpeg

@Casper - check it out :)

Vw different class.

Mechanically transit is not a bad motor at all

Cheap to repair, everyone works on them and knows their way around them

It'll depend on how you keep the motor.
I struggle to keep dust and s**t under control, so opted for (3) transits over the years. Looked after mechanically but abused (body wise) if I'm honest.

Ended up rusting so quickly. Engines and running gear went on and on though

I find customs and transporters to small. I've had both in the past, transporters hold there money better and old transits anything older than 2013 are sheds and rust buckets.just depends if your buying new or what ever, with the bounce back loans buying second hand doesn't make sense at the moment. I've 2 new transits on l2 h2 on 17 and 18 plates, on euro 6 engines, Ones a 130ps and I get over 45mpg, new vans are really good on fuel these days.

I find customs and transporters to small. I've had both in the past, transporters hold there money better and old transits anything older than 2013 are sheds and rust buckets.just depends if your buying new or what ever, with the bounce back loans buying second hand doesn't make sense at the moment. I've 2 new transits on l2 h2 on 17 and 18 plates, on euro 6 engines, Ones a 130ps and I get over 45mpg, new vans are really good on fuel these days.
It’s a 17 plate l2 I’m looking at. Ticks all the boxes and drives better than the transporter. To be honest I’m not too fussed about holding the value

It’s a 17 plate l2 I’m looking at. Ticks all the boxes and drives better than the transporter. To be honest I’m not too fussed about holding the value
Go for it then, 70% of vans on the road are transits, we can't all be wrong.
Cheap to service, parts are easily available etc