transit connect

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

northyskim

have been looking around for a new van was looking at a transit connect lwb hi top

anyone used one before and would they recommend ?

Had 1 for 4 years , great van , nice to drive and has a lot more space than you think . Would buy 1 again no problem

My mate had one for fishing and said it was a "gas guzzling pile of shite". I know he had a fair few issues which he said they were well known for, but I can't remember what they were.

Have driven one for Wiltshire Farm Foods when work was short and did an agency stint, not a bad drive tbh. Prefer Transits though - cruise control works quite nice I've found :RpS_thumbup:

Transit connects are rubbish had one for two months and moved it on horrible to drive and drink diesel transit swb is a better van . But watch out for rust !

Had 1 for 4 years , great van , nice to drive and has a lot more space than you think . Would buy 1 again no problem
Can't imagine you'd get many bags of coal in that mate..:RpS_unsure:
do you's not use flatbed lorries any more???..

My mate had one for fishing and said it was a "gas guzzling pile of shite". I know he had a fair few issues which he said they were well known for, but I can't remember what they were.

Probably fueling and electrical based.

My mate had one, it was ok until it hit 120k, then started costing loads of money.

Cutting out randomly, battery draining, drive shafts, the list goes on.

On the plus side you can fold the cage behind the passenger seat forward and get 8 by 4s in diagonally on their edge. About 16 i think.

Andys right too, it drank more than the LWB 2.2 vito we have now.

Get a low mileage one or not at all is my advice.

My mate had one, it was ok until it hit 120k, then started costing loads of money.

On the plus side you can fold the cage behind the passenger seat forward and get 8 by 4s in diagonally on their edge. About 16 i think.

That's jogged my memory. Danny you're spot on with fuel and electrical problems. Often suffered from a flat battery and just cut out on several occasions. No one could seem to find out exactly what was wrong with it.

Would he not have been better off with a boat?

Its a common fault with them..............its all to do with a sticking fufu valve........................:RpS_thumbdn:

my mate has one and said its crap. but you can get a suprising amount of stuff in them. but id go for a swb. similar mpg and an all round better more useful van

Iv had one for 3 years, got 107,000 on clock now and had since 66,000.

44 mpg, mines only a swb/low top can get 6x3 x 12/15 in any more and ill just have them dropped by the merchants.

Only things to go wrong we're
Vacuum pump for brakes
Alternator
And timing belt change, which is advised at 100k

Best van I have had, only a bit small for me.

I've got a connect 07 plate lwb I like them I've had a few transits over the years not bad on fuel get everything I need in them and its prity fast can't complain

I like a banter and funnies, but some stuff strikes a cord if its effected you.its easy to make cracks like that behind a keyboard, if id overheard a fella say that or to me in a bar etc, the guy would be in hospital, no matter how big he is/was.

I like a banter and funnies, but some stuff strikes a cord if its effected you.its easy to make cracks like that behind a keyboard, if id overheard a fella say that or to me in a bar etc, the guy would be in hospital, no matter how big he is/was.

I can understand what your saying owls but people's perspective on certain subjects differ, I bet there is a few opinions that you have that would offend some people..

It's all about personal experiences and you/you're ex has had first hand experience with that subject so you would have seen the trauma and lasting effect It has.

It was just a flippant comment that I'm sure wasnt meant to offend, you hear comedians say some very harsh stuff that would divide the audience, to say you would put a fella in hospital if you over heard something similar in a bar is just stupid.. If everyone thought like that then everyone would be fighting 24 hours a day..

i would have thought a man of your caliber would have more restraint

I can understand what your saying owls but people's perspective on certain subjects differ, I bet there is a few opinions that you have that would offend some people..

It's all about personal experiences and you/you're ex has had first hand experience with that subject so you would have seen the trauma and lasting effect It has.

It was just a flippant comment that I'm sure wasnt meant to offend, you hear comedians say some very harsh stuff that would divide the audience, to say you would put a fella in hospital if you over heard something similar in a bar is just stupid.. If everyone thought like that then everyone would be fighting 24 hours a day..

i would have thought a man of your caliber would have more restraint

not on that subject im afraid.

some lads don't know where bad taste starts.

and no it wouldn't in most public areas you wouldn't make poor taste gags about such subjects, because youd know what the repercussions would be.

I have removed a few posts...

My sister was also and I dont find it funny... There is a line and I think it was crossed

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.