transit connect van

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigfella

hi just wondered if any ones got the transit connect van people are saying they not very good ? :RpS_blushing:

My mates got one he says it's a great van, but then again he's a chippy. Why are they saying their not very good? He says he can get 8x4 boards in it with the front seat down :-0

Engines not so good in them. See a classic smash involving a connect last week in wickes car park.First thing in the morning as soon as they opened guy goes in buys a paint tray and a roll of masking tape. Comes out drives off thinking the car park is empty which it was apart from a single bollard on his side where he was parked.Accelarates straight into it as he turned towards the exit. Must have been looking for something on the passenger seat and was not looking thinking the car park was clear.Wrecked the front of it and hurt his arm. Looked proper gutted. All for roll of tape and a paint tray. I had left my mobile at home on charge so didnt get to take a picture. Couldnt help laughing. So apart from the engine they dont hold up well if you drive into bollards.

I had one for 3 years until recently & apart from being a bit slow it was a fantastic van. Sold mine to another plasterer who is also really happy with it. Plenty of torque and good ground clearance, ideal for remote sites (most of my work is lime ion old buildings). I bought a 3 seat van as we're having a baby. Had quite a few vans now. Stand out ones are the Connect and the 2006 Astra 1.9tdi which while very uncomforable was fast, really fast, 120bhp but very light, mine had alloys too (can be chipped too to 150Bhp).

I had 1 on hire for few months when my Shitroen got side shunned n=by a left hand drive lorry,it was a tad small but a good van

its a great van. get the lwb version, 75ps a bit slow but 90 is good and 110 is a flyer, never had a problem and great on diesel. would buy again

Status
Not open for further replies.