Train Station damp concrete and gypsum

Members online

NovaVB

Hello everybody

We have just bought an 1846 train station.
A lot of the internal original features are no longer around.
Question. 1. I've not done much investigations but we can see we have some lime plaster walls but that have been skimmed with I'm guessing gypsum. Is this OK or should and can this be removed to expose the lime plaster?
Question 2. In some places half the plaster has been removed to complete a damp course at some point and it has a thick black substance underneath with a silver maybe wallpaper lining, can I keep this or should that be removed and replaced with lime plaster.
Question 3. Solid floors have been replaced with concrete, we can see damp rising around the walls. I'm not sure we have the desire to replace the concrete with lime create but if we take the plaster off the walls and expose the brick work well this help the building breath again?
Question 4. Can the brick walls be tongue and grooved leaving a breathable area behind for future decoration?
TiA

@Stevieo your the zoomer that sits in his little flat experimenting with drugs like spice! Deeply unhappy with your life and you know it! Sad really because if you was in the army as you suggest look at what you are now! Maybe get some help I wouldn't wish bad on anyone but your clearly a troubled man, I know two many people taken by drugs it's a lonely death! Join a group make some real friends.

Yes, you can remove

If it's still damp, good chance it's doing nothing

Possibly if you replace with lime render and plaster properly

T & g, why would you?
If you're going to the extent of breathable lime plaster..........

Hello everybody

Question. 1. I've not done much investigations but we can see we have some lime plaster walls but that have been skimmed with I'm guessing gypsum. Is this OK or should and can this be removed to expose the lime plaster?
Question 2. In some places half the plaster has been removed to complete a damp course at some point and it has a thick black substance underneath with a silver maybe wallpaper lining, can I keep this or should that be removed and replaced with lime plaster.
Question 3. Solid floors have been replaced with concrete, we can see damp rising around the walls. I'm not sure we have the desire to replace the concrete with lime create but if we take the plaster off the walls and expose the brick work well this help the building breath again?
Question 4. Can the brick walls be tongue and grooved leaving a breathable area behind for future decoration?
TiA
Why have you bought this . I.d like to see pics and see what your plans are with it

Hello everybody

TiA

Check out the Peter Ward videos on YouTube and don’t do anything hasty without knowing why you’re doing it.

screed needs gunning up and laying in lime,,walls hacked off back to brickwork lime rendered and lime finished,,,old buildings = ££££