Tradeys

Members online

FreeD

Private Member
Has anyone else heard this term been thrown around? This is what us experienced trades are now known as. Not sure what I think about it...hated it at first is it an Australian word?

Has anyone else heard this term been thrown around? This is what us experienced trades are now known as. Not sure what I think about it...hated it at first is it an Australian word?
You may be getting confused with "Tracies" a derogatory term used for female trades?

Screenshot 2020-08-02 at 12.18.31.png

Customer of mine moved to Scotland from Australia. She referred to the tradesmen as Tradeys. I asked her what she would call me. She said master plasterer. Everyday is a school day.

Customer of mine moved to Scotland from Australia. She referred to the tradesmen as Tradeys. I asked her what she would call me. She said master plasterer. Everyday is a school day.
Day off tomorrow?

yup it was used in australia when I was travelling and I bought it back with me so often call a collective group of construction workers "tradies" :D

yup it was used in australia when I was travelling and I bought it back with me so often call a collective group of construction workers "tradies" :D

There are more frequently used collective nouns. :oops: :LOL: