TPF Official Fishing Thread

@ChrispyUK here's a few.
Andys pictures 475.JPG
Andys pictures 475.JPG Andys pictures 512.JPG 011.JPG 004.JPG 017.JPG FB_IMG_1467750566329.jpg IMG_1988 (2).JPG IMG_2009 (1).JPG IMG_2057 (2).jpg
Andys pictures 475.JPG
Andys pictures 512.JPG
011.JPG
004.JPG
017.JPG
FB_IMG_1467750566329.jpg
IMG_1988 (2).JPG
IMG_2009 (1).JPG
IMG_2057 (2).jpg

Attachments

• Matts Feb fish 1.jpg
    Matts Feb fish 1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 256
Do you fish m8? @zolco
No mate, I'm from a county where's no fresh waters so all the fish taste like a pond, so never been keen on it, but just had some lovely fresh sea bass and it was blinding. Many moons ago used to go with mates who were into it but I only went for a laugh

No mate, I'm from a county where's no fresh waters so all the fish taste like a pond, so never been keen on it, but just had some lovely fresh sea bass and it was blinding. Many moons ago used to go with mates who were into it but I only went for a laugh

I think you'd enjoy it.

Finding the fish is a big part of the fun.

Different signs, some obvious, some subtle. Listening is key IMO. A lot of the time I hear them before I see them.
..depending on the time of the year
Could be the 'slurp' of them feeding off the top, water disturbance, reeds moving excessively. Then the visual clues of cloudy water, certain ripples, bubbles, reeds moving. So many things going on when you walk around a water. Then trying to make a decision where to set up, what rigs etc.
With all that (and there's a lot more) I just try and enjoy the backdrop now. Obviously I want to catch, and get a bit disgeartened for a mo if i dont, but that's fishing. Better than the TV!!

Trying to upload a photo, but reception shite. Anyway, overnighter at Bishops bowl. Stunning views and having a glass of vino.

2 rods out on far margin, 1 to chuck in close a bit later.

One of my mates caught one of my little babies lastnight. Just over 5lbs, went into the Pool at about 3 1/2lbs on the 4th December.
FB_IMG_1533497935214.jpg

That's good growth Andy and an interesting looking mirror.
I stocked fifteen of these special little brutes. Although they were born and bred in this country they are a pure Croatian strain.
The cormorants killed one and another just died, so there are now ten mirrors and three commons of this strain swimming about.
I've got quite a few different strains in there now, but I'm not stocking any more. In fact I'll probably take some out over the next few years.