TPF Official Fishing Thread

Members online

Now then now then? Play nice ;)

Not my style. I appreciate people who have skills different and above my own. I have a s**t load of skills too
...I don't go on about them, and I keep a piece of me separate. I don't need to kiss ass, but there are people/strangers that I will put an arm around based on my instincts because I like them. I'm not sure what I'm talking about now, but in the moment its OK :D

Had a 9lb pike about 1 this morning which was odd. Must have really liked my manilla boilie. Carp yet to make an appearance though

Builder I work for just bought a lake in Thailand and filled it with predator fish! Looks cool. He has strict rules for the well being if his fish. I’ll have to get out there and see what’s what. I have no fishing knowledge. Only fished once off shore for mackerel, they were yum
Builder are basterds

Don't mate...I had something really big on about 2am this morning but it managed to come off, was absolutely devastated...other than that just my pike and two little mirrors

Ah s**t, gutted for you mate, and know that feeling.

Check out this place

Www.bishopsbowlfishery.co.UK

I was fishing elsewhere (blanked) but had a drive out to check it out. Greenhills lake is stunning and the smaller durrounding pools. Probably the prettiest I've seen.
Thinking of doing an overnighter there soon.

I caught a whopper yesterday evening, a 5 1/2lb mirror.
It was one of fifteen little ones I stocked in November and has put on 2lbs already.

how do you know it is the one you put in and one that has been bred? Just curious question really :D By the way you need to get some bees :D FLippin addictive hobby

how do you know it is the one you put in and one that has been bred? Just curious question really :D By the way you need to get some bees :D FLippin addictive hobby
I keep a record of every fish that I stock mate. As I'm sure you know, every carp is identifiable by its scale pattern.
Like I need another addictive hobby right now :eek:

You've mentioned your lake Andy. Tell us more :)
Not sure what you'd like to know?
The lake is just under two acres set in a plot of eight acres.
It's an old gravel pit that was largely hand dug in the 1940's.
When I bought it it was incredibly overgrown with masses of scrub and brambles beneath loads of tall trees.
I've basically spent the last three years clearing the scrub and reducing the amount of trees around the lake, all to benefit the water quality.
There are quite a lot of pads and loads of silt, but no other weed.
Some carp, pike and silvers removed and some new carp stocked.
Genuinely don't know what the biggest carp is in there presently, although I won't be surprised if a thirty were caught.

Not sure what you'd like to know?
The lake is just under two acres set in a plot of eight acres.
It's an old gravel pit that was largely hand dug in the 1940's.
When I bought it it was incredibly overgrown with masses of scrub and brambles beneath loads of tall trees.
I've basically spent the last three years clearing the scrub and reducing the amount of trees around the lake, all to benefit the water quality.
There are quite a lot of pads and loads of silt, but no other weed.
Some carp, pike and silvers removed and some new carp stocked.
Genuinely don't know what the biggest carp is in there presently, although I won't be surprised if a thirty were caught.

Sounds amazing, any photos?

Google Halcyon Pool Boreham Essex, there are some pictures on there. I'll put some fishy pictures up later if you want?

Bloody ell, that's stunning Andy...fair play.

You goggled it mate @Lodan @Danny @algeeman?

Now as the owner, TPF fishing guru, top plasterer and all-round lovely guy...funny too (have i layed it on too thickly? @superspread :D)

surely a select TPF possy could bypass the syndicate rules for a day perhaps?!

Would make an entertaining thread and I bet Algee would end up catching the big un :D

Can't access the website think cos I'm on the phone will have a look on my laptop in a bit. How big do the fish run

Bloody ell, that's stunning Andy...fair play.

You goggled it mate @Lodan @Danny @algeeman?

Now as the owner, TPF fishing guru, top plasterer and all-round lovely guy...funny too (have i layed it on too thickly? @superspread :D)

surely a select TPF possy could bypass the syndicate rules for a day perhaps?!

Would make an entertaining thread and I bet Algee would end up catching the big un :D
Well I did invite everyone but there was fuckall interest.