TPF charity prize draw

Members online

Olican

Private Member
Thanks to the generosity of tpf members here are the prizes for our charity draw.

To enter simply donate £10 or more at

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/plasterers4richardswish

Please add your forum name

1: 800mm Eze Spat & tpf mug 14"Kraft trowel & 16" s*p*r*lex trowel

2: Nela Carbon steel trowel & 600speedskim& tpf mug

3: 0x stainless steel trowel and 1200 speedskim&tpf glass

4: Pair of vintage carbon steel Marshall town extralites

5: 0x corner trowel , roll of carpet protector and a box of scrim

For those who missed previous threads we are raising money for Richards Wish

Richard's Wish
Richard's Wish is a local charity in Dawlish, Devon UK set up in memory of Richard Cridge. It was set up by his family. Our aim is to raise the much needed funds to provide a child, teenager or young adult undergoing treatment for cancer with a wish. This wish can be anything they want and Richard's Wish will do their absolute best to make this wish come true.

A huge thank you to everyone that has donated prizes
@Lodan @John j @Vincey @Plasterers1StopShop @Danny @JessThePlasterer @imago @Dropsalot
@Pagey
@Gibbo
And everyone that has donated money so far

Last edited:
I'm slightly embarrassed to be thanked for my utterly shite prize next to the calibre of others prizes!

What's worse the thought of a box of white scrim or a pallet of multi!

..... then again scrim is inoffensive :ROFLMAO:

I'm slightly embarrassed to be thanked for my utterly shite prize next to the calibre of others prizes!

What's worse the thought of a box of white scrim or a pallet of multi!

..... then again scrim is inoffensive :ROFLMAO:

Hush now, you've donated money and prize, you done good :numberone:

I only want the chessboard if all the sculptures look like warty except the King's look like flynny & the Queens like Vincey

Last edited:
Thought I'd better put up a photo of the full set of pieces/positions. All pretty self explanatory but for the pawns, which are blokes for the black pawns and ladies for the white. Both busily occupied as shown in the photo.

BTW, if you're saving the photo for some activities of your own, please make a donation (cash not bodily fluids) via @Olican 's link.

IMG_20180215_171549.jpg

Thought I'd better put up a photo of the full set of pieces/positions. All pretty self explanatory but for the pawns, which are blokes for the black pawns and ladies for the white. Both busily occupied as shown in the photo.

BTW, if you're saving the photo for some activities of your own, please make a donation (cash not bodily fluids) via @Olican 's link.

View attachment 21646
How long did it take you to carve them all?

How long did it take you to carve them all?

It's a cast set from the '80s believe. I got it at an old school 'in a building' auction 20 + years ago in a box of random stuff including a silver plated alto sax (I think that's in the loft) and some books. It was a true first edition of 'Tom Sawyer Abroad' that caught my eye.

You don't get first edition Mark Twains come up very often. Well, not ones you don't need a mortgage for anyway.

View attachment 21646

what are they made out of?

@imago check this out. There’s a couple of sets on eBay. One chancer wants £500!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/272909548630

"Rare cold cast in marble then given an antique ivory and mahogany finish.
Less than a hundred have been made."

Well if that's true it's a desirable collectors item. @Olican you may want to have a separate draw for such a treasure. A £10:00 donation to gain entry, then the best photo recreation of one of the poses by the entrant (and volunteer) wins. :LOL:

I reckon my set is even more special/rare/limited/valuable. There's a signature squiggle on the plinth of each piece, you can see it on the plinth of the King (bloke who looks like he's about to bust a banjo string) in the photo above. :LOL: :envidioso

I reckon my set is even more special/rare/limited/valuable. There's a signature squiggle on the plinth of each piece, you can see it on the plinth of the King (bloke who looks like he's about to bust a banjo string) in the photo above. :LOL: :envidioso
Maybe you should have taken yourself down to an antiques roadshow with it :LOL:

I know it's for a good cause, but donating a silver chess set would be going a bit far. :LOL:

Chess sets are very collectable though, such a wide variety of styles and materials, and that's without getting to the antique stuff. I have a few ordinary sets, the only collectable one I have is like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meerscha...124697?hash=item361fa4bfd9:g:Is4AAOSwAj5Z3O3b

"Rare cold cast in marble then given an antique ivory and mahogany finish.
Less than a hundred have been made."

Well if that's true it's a desirable collectors item. @Olican you may want to have a separate draw for such a treasure. A £10:00 donation to gain entry, then the best photo recreation of one of the poses by the entrant (and volunteer) wins. :LOL:

What do you want to do ? Not too late to withdraw them from the raffle .

It's a cast set from the '80s believe. I got it at an old school 'in a building' auction 20 + years ago in a box of random stuff including a silver plated alto sax (I think that's in the loft) and some books. It was a true first edition of 'Tom Sawyer Abroad' that caught my eye.

You don't get first edition Mark Twains come up very often. Well, not ones you don't need a mortgage for anyway.
beats a game of top trumps (y)

@Olican @imago

Joking aside ref the chess collection i think I speak for everyone why dont you place them on eBay if there worth as much as that and send the money direct to Richards Wish.

That's certainly what I would ask you to do if I was to win x

I’m thinking of making a donation but I want it to be something that’s useful maybe some dust sheets or roll of carpet protector something that is mundane but useful, any preference to either of them or shall I keep thinking?

@Olican @imago

Joking aside ref the chess collection i think I speak for everyone why dont you place them on eBay if there worth as much as that and send the money direct to Richards Wish.

That's certainly what I would ask you to do if I was to win x
I didn’t know you had a heart I thought u had a rock on a bit of rope inside you