Torn between the two

Members online

I agree with Marshy

You need to talk to them all and explain exactly what you plan on using it for.... all the suppliers are top guys, available to get help and training!

Build a relationship and get to know some other guys with a similar machine too... helps with experienced advice and contacts later too (always things you might want to ask someone more independent)

Good luck!

Cheers lads, I had a chat with Les at pft northern the other day. Good bloke knew his stuff. location is key to me to, Rotherham is about 2 hours drive and prob the closest for when things don’t go my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers lads, I had a chat with Les at pft northern the other day. Good bloke knew his stuff. location is key to me to, Rotherham is about 2 hours drive and prob the closest for when things don’t go my way.

Les Lord is a genius and I've never met him in person but only heard great stuff about him. Post up how you get on mate?

I asked this same question only a few weeks a go. As above. Just go and see both and go with your gut feeling.

Last edited:
My gut was the mtec, but that was going off videos I’d watched seems that bit quicker you don’t know how wet the mixes are going through though. My head tells me the ritmo as I liken it to a van, if you want a good value for money reliable van you go Transit, because a million pikeys can’t be wrong. Likewise with the ritmo, more folk seem to have them than the mtec. Or am I wrong have lads got them on here?? Anybody had a ritmo and changed to mtec or vice versa? For what reason. I’ll be going to see les in the next couple of weeks.

It’s an open field debate on this one, in all honesty, PFT Fans will say PFT, M-tec fans will say M-tec.

As mentioned, see what each company can offer. Get a demo on both machines and judge the company as well as the machine.

Our HQ is in Cheltenham and I’ll be happy to arrange a demo for you anytime and you’re more than welcome to come see the M200 in action

We have a team of 5 qualified technicians who are always available to help you. 4 of which are always in house, one of which is on the road helping our customer base. 2 of these are ex machine users and plasterers, one of which has been using machines for 30 years. We can not only offer the technical and engineering backup, but the onsite experience also.

The Ritmo has been out longer, hence seeing more. However, the M200 has been unbelievably popular and over 125 were sold in the first year and the sales are growing rapidly.
We have had guys who owned other models of machines such as the Ritmo and even M300 purchase M200’s and each has had success with their new purchase. This in my opinion doesn’t reflect on the machine, but what the customer requires at the time.

The M200 has a greater output and pumping distance than the Ritmo, and this is as standard. Each machine can be pushed to its limits to outpump the other on videos, but as a standard machine without killing itself, the M200 will go further and faster.

If you would like me to call you anytime to discuss, I will be happy to do so

Ryan

Last edited:
What type of work do you do.
If you are just a domestic type of plasterer doin refurbs new builds etc you will benefit from a machine that mixes and pumps yet isnt too much kit to carry around.
For my money the reason the ritmo is so popular in the Uk is its plug and play.
The Ritmo as u see it has a built in compressor capable of spraying 95 % of your daily routine. so all you need is a power cable .water hose and ur material hoses. Your gonna find that much easier than humping extra compressors. large transformers and what not.
Also pay attention to ongoin costs. i.e your rotor stator will last u about 20 to 30 tons on a ritmo then cost u 100 odd quud to replace. your mixing shaft is gonna last about 100 ton and cost about 50 to replace. worth comparing these costs.
Ive had a couple custumers who had M200 and then bought Ritmos but so far ive not seen it the other way round yet. thats not to say everyone keeps their Ritmos. theres a guy on here now selling one he bought from us for a 3 phase machine.he wants a more powerful machine Personally id keep it and have both. u never know when u wanna slow down a bit and dragging a 3 phase round private jobs is horrible

Cheers Ryan, I’ll give you a call tomorrow. I was abit Steve naive in thinking all pft shops up and down the country stocked all makes of machines. It’s the reliability that will be the main factor. Would be good to see them running side by side also.

Cheers Ryan, I’ll give you a call tomorrow. I was abit Steve naive in thinking all pft shops up and down the country stocked all makes of machines. It’s the reliability that will be the main factor. Would be good to see them running side by side also.

Look forward to it. We have a busy day with training tomorrow, if I’m not available, please leave your name and number and I’ll call you back.

We stock M-tec, EZE and Priomix machines and previously sold PFT. We have parts for all makes and models and can also train, repair and service these.

Have a good evening, speak tomorrow

What type of work do you do.
If you are just a domestic type of plasterer doin refurbs new builds etc you will benefit from a machine that mixes and pumps yet isnt too much kit to carry around.
For my money the reason the ritmo is so popular in the Uk is its plug and play.
The Ritmo as u see it has a built in compressor capable of spraying 95 % of your daily routine. so all you need is a power cable .water hose and ur material hoses. Your gonna find that much easier than humping extra compressors. large transformers and what not.
Also pay attention to ongoin costs. i.e your rotor stator will last u about 20 to 30 tons on a ritmo then cost u 100 odd quud to replace. your mixing shaft is gonna last about 100 ton and cost about 50 to replace. worth comparing these costs.
Ive had a couple custumers who had M200 and then bought Ritmos but so far ive not seen it the other way round yet. thats not to say everyone keeps their Ritmos. theres a guy on here now selling one he bought from us for a 3 phase machine.he wants a more powerful machine Personally id keep it and have both. u never know when u wanna slow down a bit and dragging a 3 phase round private jobs is horrible

We do all types of work, shops, offices, schools just don’t do sites no more. Couldn’t handle the morning dvds. Defo don’t want a 3phase, got my hands on a diesel if we need anything big doing. Narrowed it down to the L and m200. I’d want the skim set up also, it’s mainly just to aid my body been doing it 18 year 34 now and want to stay in the game as long as I can. Love being on the tools and had a nightmare few years with tennis elbow and tendons pulling off the bone, shoulder over compensating. I don’t want injury to take me off the tools and I see this as a way to help it.

We do all types of work, shops, offices, schools just don’t do sites no more. Couldn’t handle the morning dvds. Defo don’t want a 3phase, got my hands on a diesel if we need anything big doing. Narrowed it down to the L and m200. I’d want the skim set up also, it’s mainly just to aid my body been doing it 18 year 34 now and want to stay in the game as long as I can. Love being on the tools and had a nightmare few years with tennis elbow and tendons pulling off the bone, shoulder over compensating. I don’t want injury to take me off the tools and I see this as a way to help it.

If you’re lookong at the skim set, we would want to check the size of jobs you’re doing first to check it is worth doing. The skim set on the M200 is only £460 extra. I believe it’s a fair bit more on other makes

We wouldn’t sell it to you straight away, you would need to have another session on it, I can explain why tomorrow. But the main reason is we want you to get the best performance from your machine and without knowing how to run it correctly, using it with plaster could cause you nightmares

If you’re lookong at the skim set, we would want to check the size of jobs you’re doing first to check it is worth doing. The skim set on the M200 is only £460 extra. I believe it’s a fair bit more on other makes

We wouldn’t sell it to you straight away, you would need to have another session on it, I can explain why tomorrow. But the main reason is we want you to get the best performance from your machine and without knowing how to run it correctly, using it with plaster could cause you nightmares

I could believe it with having no aggregate to churn, it would be used rarely that and kept in the lock up but there when needed. Would be handy on industrial units or big ceilings though.

Both P1ss and the PFT lads give excellent service, I have dealt with them all.

Both offer next day deliver on parts, but I would be tempted to go to who is the nearest. They do need servicing and they do need looking at asap sometimes.

Both P1ss and the PFT lads give excellent service, I have dealt with them all.

Both offer next day deliver on parts, but I would be tempted to go to who is the nearest. They do need servicing and they do need looking at asap sometimes.

Took the plunge today, ordered the ritmo and placed deposit with les. Spoke with both Ryan and Les both good knowledgeable blokes but it was the traveling distance that sold it to me. I only do about 8000 miles a year so Rotherham is a fair trek but Cheltenham even more. Thanks to Ryan for taking the time out for a chat, no doubt I’ll be ordering stuff in the near future. Cheers to the forum lads on the advice to [emoji1360]

Took the plunge today, ordered the ritmo and placed deposit with les. Spoke with both Ryan and Les both good knowledgeable blokes but it was the traveling distance that sold it to me. I only do about 8000 miles a year so Rotherham is a fair trek but Cheltenham even more. Thanks to Ryan for taking the time out for a chat, no doubt I’ll be ordering stuff in the near future. Cheers to the forum lads on the advice to [emoji1360]

Best of luck with the new machine. Please keep in touch and let us know how you’re getting on.

Obviously still here for advice when needed

Hope we can help with material orders in the future

While you are doing your training ask Les for Appoved PFT training. Only a bit longer in time but you will get a PFT accredited card.

Good for your h&s training records and liability insurance.

Did you get skim set up too ?

While you are doing your training ask Les for Appoved PFT training. Only a bit longer in time but you will get a PFT accredited card.

Good for your h&s training records and liability insurance.

Cheers rigsby for the heads up, will get into Les about it. [emoji1360]

Did you get skim set up too ?

No not yet, both agreed it might be to much to take in on the days training. Just going to try and master it then go back for the skim set with more training. Use a diesel but I don’t think the baby machines are as plug and play as they’re made out. Prob wouldn’t need it till the schools kick off in July hols anyway.

No not yet, both agreed it might be to much to take in on the days training. Just going to try and master it then go back for the skim set with more training. Use a diesel but I don’t think the baby machines are as plug and play as they’re made out. Prob wouldn’t need it till the schools kick off in July hols anyway.

All the best with then mate, sounds like you’ll be fine , tbh I’m a bit emotional today on job machine working, it feels brilliant

All the best with then mate, sounds like you’ll be fine , tbh I’m a bit emotional today on job machine working, it feels brilliant

Cheers Vincey, I’m emotional working in a house with underfloor heating on full bore.