top or bottom thats the question

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top to bottom, left to right. I'm probably the only guy on here who skims side ways instead of up and down lol

Top right to left when floating, and top left to right when setting, reason for this is your leaving finshed work behind you as opposed to dropping plaster on finished work. Suppose it all comes down to preference and how you were taught, different strokes for different folks lol :RpS_thumbsup:

Top right to left when floating, and top left to right when setting, reason for this is your leaving finshed work behind you as opposed to dropping plaster on finished work. Suppose it all comes down to preference and how you were taught, different strokes for different folks lol :RpS_thumbsup:

couldn't have put it better - this is the method we got taught back in the good old days :RpS_thumbsup:

Is it how you teach? Or do you let them find their own back to front way?

hi flynnyman yes I do start teaching this method to start with and explain the reasons why, I also explain some of the different methods on this thread, however I encourage the learners to experiment with the different techniques and choose the method that they feel comfortable with. I find it very encouraging, to read the methods/ techniques that the spreads on this forum share with the rest of us. Since joining this forum I have included some of the different styles and techniques in my practical sessions - even after 34 years I am still learning- and passing this knowledge onto my learners. :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.