top coat bubbling

Members online

ruddez

rendered a wall with blue 10mm fibreglass mesh embedded in the render coat using a 4-1 mix with waterproofer,the cement i used was quinns which i have never used before,but anyway 2weeks later hosed wall down top coated with 4-1 and 1/4 lime using same cement,but as laying on it was bubbling as if there was air pockets all over the wall i got away with it as i was dashing but fining down the plinth was a nightmare as it pulling away from the wall when floating,just wondering was it the cement,the mesh etc,but i did notice when hosing the wall down there was small soapy bubbles appearing here and there which i havent experienced before, i know its been warm but the dashing was done when it was overcast with drizzle,thanks

shouldn't your top coat be weaker is 5-1-1 for dashing I recon could be too much water proofer or Shiite cheap stuff or the cement like you say dunno really hard too say

the dashing coat goes on thinner than the render coat so its nothing to do with that,but i am convinced its the cement as it says on the bag "new improved" so what does that mean "more additives"so i will be phoning quinns up later on to see exactly whats in the cement and is it a chemical reaction with the mesh ?,so tread carefully anybody who uses it,unless it was a one off nightmare job

we use waterproof in base coat for dashing, but we don't hose the wall down as well .

rendered a wall with blue 10mm fibreglass mesh embedded in the render coat using a 4-1 mix with waterproofer,the cement i used was quinns which i have never used before,but anyway 2weeks later hosed wall down top coated with 4-1 and 1/4 lime using same cement,but as laying on it was bubbling as if there was air pockets all over the wall i got away with it as i was dashing but fining down the plinth was a nightmare as it pulling away from the wall when floating,just wondering was it the cement,the mesh etc,but i did notice when hosing the wall down there was small soapy bubbles appearing here and there which i havent experienced before, i know its been warm but the dashing was done when it was overcast with drizzle,thanks

Did you let the excess water run off before rendering that can cause problems if you dont

i think that you are washing the waterproof out of the scratch coat when you soak the wall. these are the small soapy bubbles that you are seeing.