Tools ?????????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

viking0667

Hi All,

Happy Friday.

Just a quick question as i begin my training soon and want to make my self more efficient, i am getting my own van and tools. i am just looking for advise on what to buy, by this i mean if you where looking for a trainee/Labourer what would u like him to have? (ie what would make him more appealing)

Anyway cheers for your time guys

Rob

Hi All,

Happy Friday.

Just a quick question as i begin my training soon and want to make my self more efficient, i am getting my own van and tools. i am just looking for advise on what to buy, by this i mean if you where looking for a trainee/Labourer what would u like him to have? (ie what would make him more appealing)

Anyway cheers for your time guys

Rob

Hi viking if I was looking for a trainee/labourer as I have in the past I wouldn't expect him to have any tools or a van as I'd supply all the tools so that I'd know he was using the correct (in my eyes) tools for the job. As for the van, I wouldn't care what he got to work in as long as he got in on time every day and looked alert and ready for hard work. Thinking about it if when you meet a potential boss you do look alert and ready for hard work that's going to stand you in good stead.
And as I've said before don't mention the course, just say you have some experience and then strive to work hard and do as much to help as possible.

thanks guys just trying to give myself the best chance of survival and andy like we previously discussed om just going to say that i have some experiance.

many thanks

Doughnuts for a job sounds fair but surely you would want a newspaper and a coffee ready to start in the mornings lol

Pmsl imagine you're new lab turns up what shall I get mate...well for starters best get yourself a van .......

Doughnuts are good especially those fresh ones from Co op for 80p any1 tried them? can't stop eating them had ten the other day 5 jam 5 custard.

Also enthusiasm, reliability, (on time) presentable, polite and helpful with clients, hardworking, thinks ahead, shows initiative, interest in the trade, asks questions but not to many at once lol, good at making tea and coffee, can sing badly, own transport bonus, basic tools bonus

If you are registered CIS self employed that would be ideal.

I'm looking for a new labourer in Bristol any1?

Hiya Viking, buy all marshalltown stuff mate as this will make you look more professional & more apeallin to a potential boss. That's what i did, but i haven't been took on yet, but i'm doing ok on my own. :)

if you wanna be really efficient, try one of these, theyre twice as fast as a normal trowel cos they basically halve the number of trowels needed over a surface... cant think why it hasnt been invented before.... although i think jimfish has a 3 blader in the pipeline...

Last edited by a moderator:
On the knee pads there's even somewhere to put your traditional lemonade whilst you work,, I'M IN :RpS_thumbup:

cant think why they never thought to apply the same attachment to the mach 3 turbo trowel? although i might have guessed youd spot those :RpS_biggrin:

Mach3 turbo trowel!!!! :-0 it gets better trowel up & shave me head at the same time. How much are the replacement blades though? The ones I buy usually put a big dent in my footballers wages :-(

yeh sorry about the boringness lads... forgot to mention that at absolutely no point during the video does any f'cker think to explain 'what the f'ck is it'? which tw*t invented it? what is the f'ckin point? and at 9 odd minutes of some idiot on hinged skis with a cupholder attachment, going over the same area 4 times more than a standard flooring trowel... there should be an apology...

it just had to be the strangest thing ive seen for a while... jimfish'd f'ckin love it! :RpS_thumbsup:

Mach3 turbo trowel!!!! :-0 it gets better trowel up & shave me head at the same time. How much are the replacement blades though? The ones I buy usually put a big dent in my footballers wages :-(
thats the beauty of this amazing invention, although due to its ingenuity is a victim of its own success... theyre 'self sharpening' see? brill innit! :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.