Tools you miss

Members online

Heritage Plasters

I was on a job the other day and I didn't have a couple seemingly trivial tools and was surprised how much I missed having them all day. Made me think what tools fall into that category for you guys across the pond.

Here is what I was missing:
My silly home made bucket scoop. They are quasi disposable but I hate not having one when I work from a bucket on a scaffold. Holds the perfect amount for a hawk of mud.
20170721_225552.jpg

My scrub brush for cleaning my tools. It hangs on my bucket nicely and has just enough stiffness in the bristles to clean tools well and hold the perfect amount of water to rinse them off.
20170721_225616.jpg

Definitely scrub brush aswell and also refina tall bucket scoop, I'd miss that if I didn't have it with me.

I miss the marshalltown internal trowels made with the wooden handles the build quality was much better than the durasoft ones they don't seem to last as long,I've gone through 3 or 4 in the last 2 years

I was on a job the other day and I didn't have a couple seemingly trivial tools and was surprised how much I missed having them all day. Made me think what tools fall into that category for you guys across the pond.

Here is what I was missing:
My silly home made bucket scoop. They are quasi disposable but I hate not having one when I work from a bucket on a scaffold. Holds the perfect amount for a hawk of mud.
View attachment 18795

My scrub brush for cleaning my tools. It hangs on my bucket nicely and has just enough stiffness in the bristles to clean tools well and hold the perfect amount of water to rinse them off.
View attachment 18796
Your idea for a bucket scoop is brilliant think one is going to make its way into my van .what I miss the most is mt 13x5 carbon steel skiming trowel I have it years u could shave with it and some sod nicked it

Years ago had a very fit young labourer...........summertime when he took off his shirt it was like the coke advert...........

Hahahaha........I wanna see your faces reading that......hahahahahahaha

Years ago had a very fit young labourer...........summertime when he took off his shirt it was like the coke advert...........

Hahahaha........I wanna see your faces reading that......hahahahahahaha

t**t.

I was just rolling my sleeves up and then I read the bottom.

Now, I know that I do it to people, but it's funny when I do it and not when it happens to me.