Tool Inventions

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzplasterer

I have a couple of ideas for plastering tools, need to get them designed, prototyped etc.

Can anyone give me contact details for companies that can help me with this?

Many thanks :RpS_biggrin:

Hi Mate,

We can certainly help you with this and are currently working with someone else doing the same. Best to give me a call - 01242 236699

Ryan

I've got a huge box of inventions some good but most are shite I'm going to take them on dragons den dump them on the desk and say tobig dunc and that " ave a butchers through that lot and make me a cheeky offer" there sure to invest

if the invention is any good you need a patent to make the item exclusive to yourself to sell.
one of my pals work was a lawyer for patents, he says that if a person invents something then there is someone else in the world inventing something very similar as this is the item that is needed at that time.
a patent has a life span of about 7 years, then it is superseded by a better product.

@malc The only problem there is the cost, as you can get a patent for UK but you need to buy patents for the rest of the world! It gets expensive, its worse than trade marks

Last edited by a moderator:
It better not be the hose that connects to your handboard handle that feeds gear coz I'm still working On that.

Is there a quoin beed that has different tips that clip on so can choose metal or plastic edges and adjust how much they stick out ? and similar for banding ?

@malc The only problem there is the cost, as you can get a patent for UK but you need to buy patents for the rest of the world! It gets expensive, its worse than trade marks

it takes about 2 years to get a court hearing to decide who invented what first. my pal goes all over the world fighting cases and infringements of patents. he has earned millions on the workmate patent which has about 40 infringements a year.

me and @Olican are working on a double ended butt plug with an ipod docking station. had to jump through a few hoops already.............:RpS_sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm working on a slightly concave handboard. like a lazy "y" shape in profile if you see what i mean. and a luminous plaster,similar to magnetic plaster, but it will save on energy costs.

Ive been helping out the blind for years with the finish on my skimming...............It tells them how and what paint to use in braile

It's amazing the hawk and trowel have never really been surpassed by any new technology. Will always need the skills to do plastering. Not like joinery where we have all sorts of tools coming in

I've invented nowt but can proudly boast to be able to open bottles of beer using any of my tools as a bottle opener :RpS_thumbup:

I just use my teeth :RpS_unsure:

I used to do that, till I broke one of my teeth doing it
sticking with the thread topic though I was on a few jobs the other week and decided I was going to invent a tool for a certain job I was doing but I never did anything about it lol

I used to do that, till I broke one of my teeth doing it
sticking with the thread topic though I was on a few jobs the other week and decided I was going to invent a tool for a certain job I was doing but I never did anything about it lol

Most my teeth are chipped & back one also broke off from opening bottles too, got a nice metal filling that helps rip the bottle tops off now though lol :RpS_biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.