Tool Insurance

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimPastey

Hey all just looking for some advice on tool insurance, where the best place to get for it?

Im looking for £2000 and its coming back around £70. I want my tools to be covered if they get stolen out of the back of my van and if they go bang.

What company do other people use?

Where he best place to look?

Cheers Slim

Are your tools old for new if you claim or is a percent of the cost of new Paul.

It's also bearing in mind that the tool cover does not cover hire tools so if you go hire a sthil saw and it gets nicked you aint covered and the hire company will rape you on the cost of a new one, so get some cover for that

Idont lock my van anymore i wish some f**k*r would nick my tools cos ive just about had enough with this s**t

thats a good price paul

i had 10mil as per contracting requirements of late plus employers for 6 men and it was around 650. I might give this lot a a call

I am having a nightmare trying to get insurance for my kit, I have an ifor williams box trailer which i use as a mobile store/lock up when on site no one want to insure it or its contents even though when i have the hitch and wheel lock on it would be harder to steal that then my van .... dunno !!??

I am having a nightmare trying to get insurance for my kit, I have an ifor williams box trailer which i use as a mobile store/lock up when on site no one want to insure it or its contents even though when i have the hitch and wheel lock on it would be harder to steal that then my van .... dunno !!??

Is it the 3 bedroom model with double glazed windows :RpS_confused:

from experience your wasting your time and money! they will tell you everything you want to hear until you try and claim, thats when you find out the truth! they wont pay out if anything gets stolen from your van, garage etc. you need to be held up at gun point with at least 10 witnesses, one of which should be the pope before they will pay you out!
Do ya self a favour save your money, buy a pit-bull and stick that in ya van instead! its cheaper in the long run and far more effective!
I hate insurance companys btw does it show?

from experience your wasting your time and money! they will tell you everything you want to hear until you try and claim, thats when you find out the truth! they wont pay out if anything gets stolen from your van, garage etc. you need to be held up at gun point with at least 10 witnesses, one of which should be the pope before they will pay you out!
Do ya self a favour save your money, buy a pit-bull and stick that in ya van instead! its cheaper in the long run and far more effective!
I hate insurance companys btw does it show?

I know what your saying , but i got paid out on a claim for a lightweight breaker at the beginning of the year, no probs, was a little surprised my self at how quickly they paid up

you done well getting paid out Warrior and so quick too. i had some little scum bag fire bomb a motor of mine i lost loads of stuff and couldn't get a penny out of them! Still that was then, life moves on.

BTW how many people on here take photo's of there equipment (by that i mean tools before spunky starts posting pic's of his knob) reason being the insurance company i had problems with wanted photo's etc i had none.

I tried paul they wont insure my trailer or the contents (g4 etc) how do the builders manage who have mini diggers etc which they cant lock in their vans ... beats me

I tried paul they wont insure my trailer or the contents (g4 etc) how do the builders manage who have mini diggers etc which they cant lock in their vans ... beats me

Trailers are always gonna be a problem Rich, but you can get plant cover if you take the appropriate steps for security

the trailer with two top security devices on is harder to steal/break into then the van but they'll insure that no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.