Tomorrows going to be fun

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

basset

Started nice and early today, got the last two walls done in one room. Then moved onto the ceiling in another. Got first coat on then started to feel dizzy and sick. Took a breather but couldn't shift it so and to stop.
Hopefully feel better for tomorrow and pva the hell out of it to get going again!

Anybody else ever had to abbandon a job before?

I pulled a tendon something in my arm once it was f**k**g painful but I didn't realise how much until I started laying on, no customer in the house, just skimming out a small bathroom, went to the van after my first set, saw the neighbour, she said very hard work your job isn't it, she obviously heard me screaming in agony with every trowel...just managed to work through it...

I felt awful this morning, me and my mate put 5 bags on. As we were second coating i really felt shite so got it on and said good luck to him. Sat in the canteen for an hour drank a tea had a pack of crisps. Managed to pull myself together enough to do a 15m2 wall. Burger and chips on the way home completed the recovery.

I got arrested for driving a stolen car when i nipped out to the shop on a job, said im away for a sausage roll , be back in 20 mins , arrested , drove to station , held in cells and about 6 hours later was able to prove id just bought the car a few days before and was innocent man.
She was a bit annoyed the next day even when i did explain

once carried 120 8x4 plasterboards by myself,one at a time I hasten to add, but I did not realise everytime I came out bending down picking one up at a time and so on and so on, I was feeling lightheaded by the time I got to the last I almost fell over whole world was going round totally light headed /dizzy, knackered I was,...... on another job I was skimming a bedroom out as I was coming up with my trowel I banged my head on a shelf next minute I am on my knees blood coming out of my head, but believe this or not the woman I was working for was a paramedic, she sorted me out thankfully,......plastering a bathroom out once and went all hot/sweaty/pale, thought I was going to faint somehow I just left everything got in my van and drove home, really bad for a few days turned out I had a really bad case of food poisoning,3 weeks before I got back to the job,......oh I could go on and on

I had a stomach bug on a job, 3rd floor new build no toilet or stairs just a treble ladder, had to lay down Inbetween troweling up and shitting in empty plaster bags and chucking up in my mixing bucket, went to drive away after crawling out and van got stuck in some sand, had to dig it out without crapping myself and then raced home. Best day ever haha got paid still too

I felt awful this morning, me and my mate put 5 bags on. As we were second coating i really felt shite so got it on and said good luck to him. Sat in the canteen for an hour drank a tea had a pack of crisps. Managed to pull myself together enough to do a 15m2 wall. Burger and chips on the way home completed the recovery.

5 bags lol you must have been feeling shite mate, no point mixing up if your only going to put that on....

I find it funny how everyone wants to be tony 10 bags.
Surely the winner is the blokes who have speed skims, spats and super flexes.....there the ones who a still be spreading years after Tony's joints have seized up and they struggle to work.
Not point in trying to earn all the cash now and then you can't spend it properly when you can hardly move! Real clever that!

An old man once said to me a long long time ago,
'You don't want to be the fastest plasterer in the world, you want to be the best paid'

Only made sense after I turned 30!
I'm neither as it goes!

5 bags lol you must have been feeling shite mate, no point mixing up if your only going to put that on....
Why is that. What worng with 2 half bags each. Probably no labourer to pay. Easy day. Can be getting other things done whilst skimming. More time for lunch. And a better finish when u have less on.

Status
Not open for further replies.