Status
Not open for further replies.

martinemj

pics are of the job i started today

render looks a bit sorry for itself !!!

http://
IMG00275-20110711-1249.jpg

IMG00274-20110711-1249.jpg

yea its got to be a couple of hundred yrs old (the old part )

using lime render 3 coats

will need a lot of pointing and dubbing out

mix of block ,brick ,stone (most is stone)

had been rendered over pebble dash, so loads to hack off !!!

I wish it was my job better then re skimming for sure what are going to do about the salt in the brickwork.

sounds about right... salt neutralizer being acidic, lime being alkali, they'd neutralize each other.. :RpS_blink:

still, cements got lime in it.. then i went for a google for 'gypsum ph' and found this...
Gypsum immediately decreases the pH of sodic soils or near sodic soils from values often over 9 but usually over 8 to values of from 7.5 to 7.8. These values are in the range of acceptability for growth of most crop plants. Probably more than one mechanism is involved. Ca++ reacts with bicarbonate to precipitate CaCO3 and release protons which decrease the pH. Also, the level of exchangeable sodium is decreased which lessens the hydrolysis of clay to form hydroxides. These reactions can decrease the incidence of lime and bicarbonate induced iron deficiency. [SUB](3)[/SUB]

from USA Gypsum - Agricultural Gypsum and Gypsum Fertilizer

so i havent reaaallly learned anything except maybe its actually good for the garden to dig a little hole and tip your wash out in it... provided its clay soil... :RpS_bored:

sounds about right... salt neutralizer being acidic, lime being alkali, they'd neutralize each other.. :RpS_blink:

still, cements got lime in it.. then i went for a google for 'gypsum ph' and found this...

from USA Gypsum - Agricultural Gypsum and Gypsum Fertilizer

so i havent reaaallly learned anything except maybe its actually good for the garden to dig a little hole and tip your wash out in it... provided its clay soil... :RpS_bored:

Lol mate, you don't half go into some detail on stuff...............Loves it!

thanks chris ------ there a only a few bricks...

been a bit of a sod this one

render was up to 5" thick in places / they rendered over old render

needle gun was used on the front as it had limewash /loose stone to face
clean it up nice...

lots of straight joints in stone (additions and changes ) stainless steel eml fixed with s/s screws and washers

about 3 days of dubbing out /extreme pointing

more pics to follow this week

Status
Not open for further replies.