to sponge or not to sponge ?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagrat

hi lads never sponged before been reading a few threads on it and am prepared to give it a whirl.can anyone tell me the script ie when using the sponge is it circular motion etc .many thanks some people say I was born to sponge being a scouse!lol.

i rub in a circular motion, but today i use the brush again and i think i prefered it, but the sponge is a good thing to use, ive only beem useing the sponge for about a month and only really crack it out if im putting on a huge set that will proberly get away from me a little bit, just to make it easier on my elbow.
good idea but i prefer the brush.
u useing the plastic trowel yet

Im in the same boat as you Bagrat, ill keep an eye on this and see how you get on. Have only ever used a sponge to get me out of trouble, but never tried it during a normal skim, mind you, i aint tried a plastic trowel neither.

I got to be honest I dont get the sponge, when ever i see a spread with a sponge I think hello can he really plaster ? But at the same time if it works for you then great but I think it gives a wrong perception.

If you lay a set on you have lines where the toes been I reckon when you flatten in there's a difference in hardness of the gear and overtrowling areas that can't be avoided if you do a 3 metre wall look at the band in the middle it's always lighter and dries more even maybe because you trowel up and over when you sponge you're moving it around enough to take the trowel lines out and that's why it dries more even ......... Just a gues motha fuckas

at the minute i just use the sponge on the small littles misses i get on flattenin in the second coat then give it . then give it a blast with the plastic. i was gettin the odd miss on my walls when dry. Sponge and plazzy sorts all that out. Still to scared to do a whole wall with sponge as im not sure im using it at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.