To days events

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

Had the camera in the van again, here is what we've been up 2 ta day!

Overboard and skim a 5x4 artex ceiling and over skim a 3x4 artex ceiling

we need more pics on this forum people!

Also the lab came up with an idea to stop the screws from popping on wavey ceilings!
insted of a washer he used and off cut on angle bead then cut it down and hit it into the plasterboard making a washer! i dint no wether to hit him or hug him?

also we tryed a new mixing bay! to keep mess down, and it was a load of crap! still water outside of the ring! messy lab. ;D

were not mad just trying to build up some new photos for the new site!

4209474196_18d8a0f3ae.jpg

4208706897_a3f10b22f6.jpg

4208719745_b09f394569.jpg

4209484412_23f5e498df.jpg

4209486904_546a477f68.jpg

4208684311_8fd7fb5e1a.jpg

4208686755_3ac426f098.jpg

4209453626_acc5a3e0bc.jpg

4208717163_02b8d1fc39_m.jpg

4209476796_5dc339e9cc_b.jpg

LOL

Don't forget to stagger your board joints mate , looks like you split one to get round the light fitting , but then you got a row of straight joints ;)

Oasis...mate only last week we were discussing coming in from the edges of the boards with first boards when overboarding a ceiling then working to the edges,and from your pictures youve still worked from the edges out wards looks like a square room though.Good work mate.
i always like to see the scrim skimmed then 2 coat much better finnish this way.

skimmin2day said:
Oasis...mate only last week we were discussing coming in from the edges of the boards with first boards when overboarding a ceiling then working to the edges,and from your pictures youve still worked from the edges out wards looks like a square room though.Good work mate.
i always like to see the scrim skimmed then 2 coat much better finnish this way.

yeah it was a good room 4 once.

and with stright joints i was a bit lazy here, so normally you would just start the next board halfway over the joint?

Warriourupnorth is on the ball mate, if you dont stagger the joints youre asking for a nice wee hairline crack there, nice to see the joints blocked out, hate to see ceilings skimmed in 1 hit

Best practise is to stagger jonts i do it and so do a lot of ohters,but nowdays with screwed up boards on levelish ceilings why should they crack if but jointed?????
Ive seen plenty of staggered ceilings put up by "plasterers " cracked.
Im not starting a new debate up or really that bothered either way but to get round a aquard light fitting or the odd boards unstaggered herer or there makes no difference mate in my opinion.
Still i stagger as that how i was taught,btu it doesnt really matter as much now days with screwed boards

ha ha we hadn't finished screwin up. just pin them up and let the lab carry on while i sit in the nice warm van.

Oasis cant beleive you never took that light down it would take 2 minutes and its easier to work round and less chance of damaging it. Always stagger your boards coz if its gonna crack and it does sometimes you will get one continuous crack. Staggereing the boards is not only reducing the chance of cracking it also strengthening the ceiling. i wouldnt put them pics on your site of the ceiling not staggered its very amateurish and thats not a dig just the truth :)

I do stager the board normally but we forgot to do so on the first board then just got on with the job. and i dont drop the lights cuz i find i spend more time putting the thing back on at 5.30pm in the dark lol no theys photos will not make the website

Only way boards should crack is due to background movement and the idea of staggering the joints is to stop the crack running the full length of the ceiling or wall.

The Apprentice said:
Only way boards should crack is due to background movement and the idea of staggering the joints is to stop the crack running the full length of the ceiling or wall.

In theory!

In practice a crack just turns the corner and carries on regardles.

nelly said:
The Apprentice said:

In theory!

In practice a crack just turns the corner and carries on regardles.

Cracks do appear sometimes but a continuous crack thats appeared coz the boards havent been staggered will probably keep appearing even after filling.

The Apprentice said:

Or centres of joists being to far apart for the boards being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.