tinkering with sprayed roughcast

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

goody

Private Member
Was wondering what your thoughts were on using different speeds for creating roughcast effects with the machine. I've done it with normal 3 phase but what about slowing things down in single phase and using maybe the swing gun? Would I have problems with sufficient mixing using a slow speed. Anybody mixed mono up by whisk then used the machine to pump only? Sometimes the large blobby finish with full power is a bit coarse. What about using something like coloured Maite with a slower setting using the swing gun? Any thoughts chapets?

you will have no problems spraying at slow speeds to do textured finishes as long as you pre mix your material. You hit the nail on the head with mixing issues at slow speed the slower the motor turns then your mix will suffer. That why we tend to use a slower rotor and stator and keep the motor running at 400 rpm then the mix will be good . On the Ritmo m if you turn your speed down past setting 5 the machine will aotomatically shut your water down on the bottle as it knows a dry material will not mix correctly at this low speed ..... The swing gun will work well for your texturing needs. .... Hope this helps you mate.

Was wondering what your thoughts were on using different speeds for creating roughcast effects with the machine. I've done it with normal 3 phase but what about slowing things down in single phase and using maybe the swing gun? Would I have problems with sufficient mixing using a slow speed. Anybody mixed mono up by whisk then used the machine to pump only? Sometimes the large blobby finish with full power is a bit coarse. What about using something like coloured Maite with a slower setting using the swing gun? Any thoughts chapets?

av you got a swing butt
or does the gun from the swing work with the ritmo like

cheers les ye was thinking bout the mix not being quick enough for the gear.....so what if the machine is switched to single phase, the regular d42/clamp setup is down to 10l/min or so? And using the d43 that I have so far used only on bucket coats would effectively mix mono but spray it at 6l or so? If that's the case it would give you a bit more control on the raised texture which is a bit fixed in the way it looks with 3 phase.

na don't have a swing but got the gun off les for a bargain price and use it to spray thin coat when hand finishing large areas( the onboard compressor isn't up to giving the fine acrylic texture to leave untouched) but does give a heavier roughcast effect which I quite like

Last edited:
yes that will be ok your mix will be good even though your down to about 200 rpm that will then reduce the speed of your d43 to maybe 6 or even 5 ltr per min which will give your a very nice controlled texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.