Timing timing timing

Members online

Dr pepper

Afternoon people hope all is fine and dandy?

Recently had bit if mare with builder, work got pulled under torch light, (which has now been sorted) understand its not the way to judge plastering, but even still wasn't happy with my work.

And as since been trying different methods etc and think I've got to the error of me ways, it's all in timing! Prior to this incident, it felt like I didn't leave the plaster alone always, troweling it moving it round up down side to side all through the set. Which I'm sure creates more streaks and problems than it solves!

Stripped back to basics an actually given plaster time to pick up, before any troweling or wet troweling and difference a bit of patience makes! Set runs alot smoother, goes off nicely and you actually get more time with it! And finishes off a lot better no water marks, stripes, fatty marks just matt finish with a bit of a shine to it.

Lesson learnt it's all in the timing!

Recently had bit if mare with builder, work got pulled under torch light, (which has now been sorted) understand its not the way to judge plastering, but even still wasn't happy with my work.

And as since been trying different methods etc and think I've got to the error of me ways, it's all in timing! Prior to this incident, it felt like I didn't leave the plaster alone always, troweling it moving it round up down side to side all through the set. Which I'm sure creates more streaks and problems than it solves!

Stripped back to basics an actually given plaster time to pick up, before any troweling or wet troweling and difference a bit of patience makes! Set runs alot smoother, goes off nicely and you actually get more time with it! And finishes off a lot better no water marks, stripes, fatty marks just matt finish with a bit of a shine to it.

Wait until your next batch of multi and you need to change it all around again as what previously worked now doesn’t.

Soon as I lay second coat on go back to the beginning flatten everything clean any snots off etc clean the tools and don't touch it again for around 15-20 mins,obviously dependent on temps and f**k**g heatwaves like this,I'll cut my gauges up and do 2 easier gauges than a big f**k off one

so how long had you been doing it before you realized it's all about timing and not to fk around with it?

so how long had you been doing it before you realized it's all about timing and not to fk around with it?
Of course timings is a crucial part of process, but think where started to use Speedskim and flexi's was got caught up in thinking it got to keep on it otherwise get caught out with ripples, bumps etc.

But as mentioned before in other post just gone back to basics 1 trowel mt permashape all way thro

Of course timings is a crucial part of process, but think where started to use Speedskim and flexi's was got caught up in thinking it got to keep on it otherwise get caught out with ripples, bumps etc.

But as mentioned before in other post just gone back to basics 1 trowel mt permashape all way thro
Are you domestic plasterer Mr pepper?

Providing all goes smoothly (no pun intended) i always break the a seat up in 20min intervals.

First on and flattened
second straight on and speedskim
20mins later close in
20 mins first trowel
20 mins second. Thats my happy medium for timing anyways

Had three easy sets on today finished the same time as doing two also.. Probably sun but was a nice feeling..
Im not into using all these new plastic trowels speedskim on a ruff wall thats it.. Dont splash the s**t out of it with water keep the trowel flat give it 15 20 mins before each flatten read to many stories about the ripplers with these bendy trowels wouldnt bother my ass..
Go back to basics ignore the urge seen alot of billy b*ll***s trying to show off with them once painted looks s**t

Providing all goes smoothly (no pun intended) i always break the a seat up in 20min intervals.

First on and flattened
second straight on and speedskim
20mins later close in
20 mins first trowel
20 mins second. Thats my happy medium for timing anyways
Speedskim first coat and knock off 20 mins

Had three easy sets on today finished the same time as doing two also.. Probably sun but was a nice feeling..
Im not into using all these new plastic trowels speedskim on a ruff wall thats it.. Dont splash the s**t out of it with water keep the trowel flat give it 15 20 mins before each flatten read to many stories about the ripplers with these bendy trowels wouldnt bother my ass..
Go back to basics ignore the urge seen alot of billy b*ll***s trying to show off with them once painted looks s**t
Dont blame the tools when you simply don't know how to use them

Thats trouble I had, it's not the tools as loads of spread use and get on with them fine, it was me not using them at right time and place and making a hash of things
Practice makes perfect. There are too many variables for someone to say how you should use what and when. You just have to learn yourself through trial and error until you get it right

Practice makes perfect. There are too many variables for someone to say how you should use what and when. You just have to learn yourself through trial and error until you get it right
What the f**k would you waste your time trial and error no one isgetting it flatter than your trowel i dont care what you say

OK pal. Do what makes you happy, just don't slag off tools that you don't understand how to use correctly
Im happy mate...
Its a trowel not rocket science is it.. May look nice when its flattened ive seen alot of that soon as it drys and painted not so nice.. Bumps here and there i personally dont think they flatten aswell they glide over it more than flatten

Im happy mate...
Its a trowel not rocket science is it.. May look nice when its flattened ive seen alot of that soon as it drys and painted not so nice.. Bumps here and there i personally dont think they flatten aswell they glide over it more than flatten
If you're talking about a s*p*r*lex then they shouldn't be even near the wall till it's flat and closed in already

I'm just a skimmer
I don't know much about domestic work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722-234910_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-234910_Photos.jpg
    661.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_20210722-235203_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-235203_Photos.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot_20210722-235211_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-235211_Photos.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 154