Time wasters

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

Bit of a surge recently for me, wasn't as bad this time last year just seems to be since we started doing internals against few weeks back.

Every enquiry, just absolute time wasters.

1 - do a 20 mile round trip at 8pm to price a kitchen, living room & dining room where the guy hasn't even took a piece of wallpaper off or fitted the RSJ he thinks he might have????

2 - email today, "Iv knocked all plaster off my living room walls, how much to re-plaster" I told them I'd need to view to work out materials and labour costs and it's impossible to price with that amount of info. "Ok, we'll leave it then"

Since when did it become dial a fooking price

A guy rang me a few weeks back asking how much to dash a gable end, I said what's your address I'll gladly come and have a look ,he wouldn't give address and we ended up arguing on phone cis I wouldn't guess/ estimate how much it would be ,bellend

had few renders. 100m plus.

turn up talk through it.

they even pick what colour and what detail they want.

then......... were looking summer next year. 8 foookin months a way

On the upside at least you a be getting a to doing it!
I'd tell them no probs I'll have to add 10% to the bill though as the materials always go up in Jan and so will labour costs!

I've had people wasting my time for years,they ring up wanting a price on the phone,i give them a silly cheap price ,they ask can you do it ,i tell them i'm too busy ...goodbye!

Bit of a surge recently for me, wasn't as bad this time last year just seems to be since we started doing internals against few weeks back.

1 - do a 20 mile round trip at 8pm to price a kitchen, living room & dining room where the guy hasn't even took a piece of wallpaper off or fitted the RSJ he thinks he might have????

2 - email today, "Iv knocked all plaster off my living room walls, how much to re-plaster" I told them I'd need to view to work out materials and labour costs and it's impossible to price with that amount of info. "Ok, we'll leave it then"

I get loads of them there just wanting you to budget it for them I dnt bother going anymore I can tell from a phone call whether there genuinely want it doing not just getting us to waste our time so there can get it done months down line and use ur quote as a guide for other plasterers quotes had sum1 wanting me to price a job up last week by just sending me measurements saying I dint need to come look etc..jokers

its probably because iv worked outside all year and just gone back onto internals for a few months to have a break more than anything, i must of forgot how to deflect or deal with them.

the playing your price off against another is a bad one as well as the old measurement trick.

just had a glut of them over the last few weeks

U remind me of me...need Christmas holidays to come quick time.

Debatable...I don't think he likes uni finish as much as you!
I had to stop reading this thread I got note but plonkers phoning everyday...the trick is to turn the plonkers into payments,but it is hard think we all the same.
Good news today though the plonker from last Thursday paid for the hallway,whoop,whoop the eagle has landed.

Had one today house was f**ked...he already had works done which need to be re done...wouldn't stop talking about price...£50000 at least house needed full renovation...God knows how I'm gonna get my £300 a day on this one!

Always get like this Christmas/January, people think that tradesman have January sales or that we will be desperate for work this time of year

Status
Not open for further replies.