Time off

Members online

No members online now.
You chaps will be looking forward to the winter now I should think?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nope, outside work still piling up and all that happens is customers start moaning at you because scaffold been up for four weeks and not been one dry day yet, or what normally happens with me the only one dry day and I will have inside work booked in which I can't move.

Can't wait for winter, looking forward to the dark mornings, scraping the windscreen, frozen brushes, skim taking about 6 hours to set, battering my finger with a hammer when its minus 9, scraping windscreen again, driving home when its dark and everyone seems to forget how to drive cos there's a bit of frost.

ill be indoors sweating like a rapist with the dustbin heaters going flat out.
which reminds me I have to buy some more duct tape to cover the window slot vents up as they tend to get a bit draughty and let in the cold in winter.
only downside is there's no money in internals:(.

Externals are manageable if you keep a eye on the weather temps especially us boys on the south coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpeg
Nice in glasgie just now.

Cold environments
  • ensure the personal protective equipment issued is appropriate
  • provide mobile facilities for warming up, and encourage the drinking of warm fluids such as soup or hot drinks
  • introduce more frequent rest breaks
  • consider delaying the work – can it be undertaken at warmer times of the year without compromising on safety?
  • educate workers about recognising the early symptoms of cold stress
Looking forward to it:frio:

We don't really get seasons now, they all seem to merge into one.were usually right through bar the odd bit of rough weather in January. I'm about 10 years outsides now and even in that small time I've noticed winters getting milder. It's rain that's the worry and you get that in July.

We don't really get seasons now, they all seem to merge into one.were usually right through bar the odd bit of rough weather in January. I'm about 10 years outsides now and even in that small time I've noticed winters getting milder. It's rain that's the worry and you get that in July.
Night temps must get low up there though rich?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to be that you'd get froze off end of Jan beginning Feb , not so much now. Global warming I suppose.

yeah but its warm rain:inocente::lol:

pity the poor teachers, have to work through the winter months :inocente: often with the windows open

Last edited:
This last winter was my best ever. But I have got to the point now where if the bank balance is high enough then bugger it keep in bed.

The men moan and threaten to quit if I don't get the work in. Daft T***s, if I am frozen off, rained off, stormed off, snowed in so is the competition.

Doing a rental house up this winter so should be ok.

You chaps will be looking forward to the winter now I should think?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

You need to bang some kids out danny .....no such thing as time off.
I hired out a swimming pool today with 25 kids under 9.
Im not a perv @gps....it was my oldest 9th birthday party.
It was my 6 year olds 4 weeks ago party hired a disco bouncy castle ....dominoes pizza make a fuucking fortune outta me !!

We try to get new builds render and set the inside. Then you can always have something to do if the weathers shite! Not always that easy though. I tend to up my price for rendering in winter to allow for some of the downtime/sitting in the van !