tiling onto s/c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make sure its dry mate there is a rule for screeds which is 1 millimetre of thickness takes a day to dry so same on walls I suppose but that would depend on heating etc,make sure you use 2 part flexi cement based addy.

the longer the better,, you should be able to tell when its completely by looking at it each day

Dry, dry my ass, it says it on the bag bollixxx, people have been tiling onto fresh screed and render for centuries, before bal wrote it on the bag...

so.. you render a wall to be tiled.. then tile onto it when its not dried out.. then when its grouted and sealed.. can you tell me how the substrate dries out ?? answer is it cant... unless its a swimming pool ( you still let the render dry ) the substrate will have adequate waterproofing properties in it.
If the people in Victorian and edwardian times used google to be told how to do stuff, they would not be able to do anything, oddly enough they did plenty and it lasted for decades, explain that, explain why lots of countries still do it the old way, not working out the ambient drying temperatures of said substrate.load of old cobblers

how does tile adhesive dry?

its air drying, it dries through the grout joints, thats why ( unless using fast set,) you leave the grouting for 24 hours to allow the adhesive to dry out through the joints. a certain amount dries into then out of the substrate, but if the substrate isnt dry to start with its going to take way longer to dry before you can grout.

im surprised you getting any work done reading those text books all the time :rolleyes)

just because someone actually had a good apprentiship and went to college for 4 years, then attended various training courses over the years ( at my own expense most of the time ) and tried to gain knowledge to better themselves doesnt justify a jealous little scrote ( you ) having a go on a forum... does it annoy you me having these qualifications and experience to match them ? wow... your a bit sad mate... i always try to help people out, if you dont want or need it, thats no skin off my nose.. but you really shouldnt talk about things you clearly know fuk all about should you...lmao..

Nice one Jessssssop, that told him eh? :RpS_lol:

What about the shrinkage Johnnyboy? or are you on the wind-up too :RpS_confused:
No,actually I was on about tiles embedded in the screed, this is done by Portuguese tillers all the time, me wind people up,never, very sensitive evening though..

Who cares how much we learn & can learn about this n that, we all Fcukin die in the end so it's no use to us then. :RpS_crying:
We're all on the path to death :-(

enjoy it lads :RpS_unsure:

Who cares how much we learn & can learn about this n that, we all Fcukin die in the end so it's no use to us then. :RpS_crying:

Don't worry re death
if i am ,death is not
if death is I am not
if I am not
I can't worry

When you know everything, you die.............. fk me I'm close :RpS_crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.