Tiling on damp walls

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisus

Elite Member
Was on a job the other week & customer asked me to tile his kitchen.
Not a problem, except the walls are damp.
He has had a new flat roof & DPC injected, Walls hacked off etc etc.
But he had a new kitchen fitted & those walls were not hacked off & kitchen fitter fixed kitchen to black mouldy walls :RpS_scared:
so there's mould damp patches efflorescence all on the walls he wants tiling!

He will sign a disclaimer, but still want to cover myself.
So without me hacking it off, what do you reckon??
Liquid DPM? then tile
sbr & cement slurry? Then tile
anything else?

probably a daft idea but drill and fix an eml sheet nice and flat to the wall with plenty of fixings and tile over that ... it aint gonna fall off !

You can tile onto Black Jack - maybe use a bit of domestos first to kill off the black mould on the surface (punter can do it) If it's a bit damp get a plumbers gas bottle and dry the wall just before applying BJ :RpS_wink:

:RpS_biggrin:
omg are you on drugs

Who me or Rich?

I said he could glue & screw tile backer board to the wall then tile on that but he doesn't want it to proud because of the hob!
The wall has been injected the flat roof is fixed the external wall is dashed & painted so there should be no more damp, but i told him the plaster needs hacking off etc!!

Mite go down the sbr slurry & some chicken wire route. :rolleyes)

Customers ay!

:RpS_biggrin:

Who me or Rich?

I said he could glue & screw tile backer board to the wall then tile on that but he doesn't want it to proud because of the hob!
The wall has been injected the flat roof is fixed the external wall is dashed & painted so there should be no more damp, but i told him the plaster needs hacking off etc!!

Mite go down the sbr slurry & some chicken wire route. :rolleyes)

Customers ay!

chicken s**t chicken mesh chicken feathers **** it use whole chicken aswell :RpS_laugh:

Hack it off then!

I would but he doesn't want it hacked off mate he's just had a new kitchen fitted! hence the post tiling on damp walls :RpS_biggrin:
I've not given him a price yet so if anyones interested :rolleyes)

Here's a pic :RpS_biggrin:
The kitchen was from B&Q they sent their fitters :rolleyes) who fitted it to mouldy black walls,
then gave it a coat of onecoat plaster to cover up all the 5hit:RpS_lol:

photo-2199.jpg

& thats proberbly due 2 condensation build up due 2 steam of cookin aswell if no extactore fitted over a period of time usually get it in bathrooms in the corners

So how much shall i tell him you'll do it for A D?
Then I can put my bit on top :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.