tiles

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruddez

i know you can skim over ceramic tiles using pregrit but can you use unibond instead or is better to dot and dab over the tiles and will the dry lining compound take to the tiles or still use pregrit for preparation the tiles are sound and solid thanks

Would never skim over tiles personally, I know you can, but the thought of it just feels a bit cowboy to me!

Dywall adhesive won't stick to the tiles, yes it would if you used a bonding agent but I wouldn't like to hang plasterboard+adhesive+skim on a thin coat of pre grit.

Rip it out and start again, always best way!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

if u slurry the tiles as a plasterer says do u stipple it and go over the next day or do u have to unibond the slurry the next day

If the tiles are sound why not batten and board it ?
Ive plastered over tiles with pre grit and ive plastered over with just neat pva....no problems.....as long as the tiles are sound....id prefer batten and board or the grit tbh.(y)

I'm sure you are suppose to bond tiles first then skim over? I remeber skimming over tiles before, not long after I first started and i'm sure thats what we done with no problems. If people have just PVA'd then multi right on top with no problems could be a job for everyones favourite finish in the pink bag

Just blue grit it and skim next day done loads for a office fit out company no come backs yet and these toilets get abused everyday by desk monkeys. No offence @Danny. Just make sure all the tiles are sound n not loose.

if u slurry the tiles as a plasterer says do u stipple it and go over the next day or do u have to unibond the slurry the next day
Day before or if yer working on summin else morning then hit in afternoon as long as it's dried and you could rock climb up it you know it's sound to go. As said never had prob .

Status
Not open for further replies.