Tile adhesive, mesh and then rendered?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBruvOfEnglandUK

Private Member
I'm a general builder so not familiar with all plastering and rendering techniques and materials (which is why I'm on here).
The fella working on the house next to one I'm working on, scratch coated an old wall today (Yeah I'm nosey). It had a lot of fine cracks and flaking paint so yesterday he jet washed it and keyed it up with a small grinder. Today he put a thin skim of waterproof tile adhesive (Kerakoll) on a couple of square metres and then stuck blue mesh on the wet adhesive and then went straight on the mesh and tile adhesive with the scratch coat and then moved on to the next couple of square metres and repeated the process again. I've not seen this method before so I don't know if the fella has just invented this and it's crap or if this method is the kind of thing you guys do sometimes?

Some of our polymer render is like tile adhesive. Probably is!

I would have used a dedicated render system.

Sure it was tile adhesive ? Kerakrol have render too.

Seen a bloke using tile adhesive in Monaco as a base render - its properties are very similar to the hi polymer render coats for thin coat systems - its a bit cheaper to buy too that may be the reason

He is basically carrying out the mesh coat process with a product that may work (or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.