Tiger stripes

LTJ

Starting doing small foreigners to get myself skimming again and have been getting them tidy, one did tiger stripe in some places though, what can cause it or what should I try changing?

i think you can work it out yourself , if some were going well and some were striping . Was it the same substrate were some were good ? Was it the same day ? Same bags of multi ? Were the stripes at the bottom of the wall ?

Cheers for the replies lads, the one that tigered I tried the apprentice mistake of trying to flatten with a refina super flex 2 (mediflex) after seeing some lad on Instagram reckoning you could, next trowel after that was probably more edge and pressure which could cause them?

Over working or using lots of water.
F492FF2A-D99B-4850-A9E9-3E0DE259E599.jpeg

Mainly in that curve mate so could’ve been me playing in there a bit

Looks a tidy enough job, just brush tiger stripes and final trowel will take any out, it all looks the same painted

No plaster on curve to wet with it being thicker. Was it on boards. I prefer to get shape with some bonding first
It was an over board and I had curved with bonding first but probably had it thicker in there with the skim

Had it the tigers appearing recently in few walls, defo down to timing and to much edge on trowel as previously mentioned, been getting to impatient and going at it to early and making a meal of it.

Thankfully an empty house, so spent the next day re doing as wernt happy, purposely took me self out to van between trowels so couldn't be tempted play with it or over think it. Outcome easier set, better finish no stripes