tiger stripes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigfella

had a spot of bother on the job im on at the minute skimmed most of the rooms and theyve had the sprayes in but noticed on the bottom of a couple of walls theres them dreaded stripes, the walls seemed prefect but im proper pissed off that this has happened the customer hasnt noticed them but i have feel like pva-ing the wall and redoing it

Dont worry about it mate, it just means you're s**t n its about time you packed up your tools and ******* killed yaself.

I know the feeling mate...think mine was the result of wet troweling to early. As said we all get it time to time, get the easy fill out and make your excuses...what I usually say is the plaster has dragged and it probably won't show up, but i'll fill it just in case, better to do that then let them find out when they paint it.

We all get them mate, as long as there flat and you can't feel them don't worry about it, it looks worse while its drying out,
Don't know if it could be over whisking, over skimmed a lounge last week with board finish, didn't get any nice finish, over skimmed a couple of walls Saturday with multi and got a couple, left them flat so once it drys out you can't see them.

Go on Gypsums website, It says that over mixing leads to deterioration in workability and creates difficulty in achieving a flat finish.

had a spot of bother on the job im on at the minute skimmed most of the rooms and theyve had the sprayes in but noticed on the bottom of a couple of walls theres them dreaded stripes, the walls seemed prefect but im proper pissed off that this has happened the customer hasnt noticed them but i have feel like pva-ing the wall and redoing it
troweling the wrong time

Gotta disagree spunk. My useless **** of a lab still takes over 5mins to mix a bucket and it doesn't flash set.

Status
Not open for further replies.