thru coloured texture

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

big ali

I have an extension to hack off and re render and the customer wants a slight texture in cream that is thru coloured so no need to paint customer would like s+c render due to cost! i want to use ocr and they want the option to apply texture to existing render on rest of house if they like it , what is the best option for the thru coloured texture please, any info would be much appreciated.

As above, high build roughly £55 a tub 5-7m2 a tub.
Different colours to choose from etc.

is highbuild waterproof? ive never used it so i dont know sorry, they have it in there heads that they want a waterproof texture coating, never done anything this fine before

never come across marmorit conni either sorry, s+c and webber and a bit of k rend are the only external ive used before so sorry if i sound like an oink

I did one last year with high build they wanted light texture
used a smooth plastic roller(40mm pipe on a roller cage)
trowel it on tight as it'll go then drag smooth roller over it, it'll look like a light bark effect then roll it over again lightly & it looks like a tyrolean finish or stipple finish.

conni is very fine texture if you use 1.5mm until you get close it looks like smooth render

you want a surface colour textured finish on top of your background but the existing will need prepwork before you can put it on the rest of the house unless u use highbuild like thge lads say because that will go onto the existing straight away and stick but the existing could cause you problems depending on th paint thats on the walls. whatever way you go its gonna cost similar to do the job properly

cheers guys, looks like highbuild might be the way due to the rest of the house being painted, might have to jet wash first as they think the previous owner used emulsion not masonry paint lol

highbuild has no grain its an elastomeric paste like paint almost you gart the finish by using a stipple or pattern roller/brush thick sticky like.
the texture coats have silica grit or similar in a coloured resin like paint but I have been advised against going over existing paint with texture due to poor painted surfaces.

Sounds like the usual customer JUST wants a TIDY up of whats there. sounds easy but customers do not understand adhesion or prep.

Have a look at parex parinter, this could be a way forward but i cannot say too much as i have not used this yet

hi build can be sprayed but i think its the coating machines you need like the graco machines. these are more like compressor and spraypaint gun setups

good job i got the graco set up then lol, sorry Grand i only just seen your post , yes the rest of the house is smooth render, its patchy tho and not too smooth in places

Marmorit make a product called Noblo. It is a textured type finish like conni but about 1/6 of the price. You mix it with water lay it on and rub it with a float. Or you couls spray it with that thing you bought if you have a compressor

oh no we are f**k*d now ......blones is here lol. can this no blow go over existing render with painted finish

i meant water resistant, spunk.... NOT water resistant spunk cos we all know spunk is not water resistant or at least mine isnt and as for blones tut tut i thought you were my mate

my days of having a sly one in the bath are gone, i always end up having the kids chucked in with me so it wouldn't be right would it

is highbuild waterproof? ive never used it so i dont know sorry, they have it in there heads that they want a waterproof texture coating, never done anything this fine before

It's flexible & waterproof once it's dry mate.
So won't crack etc.
If you do use high build, use sandtex stabilising solution on old paint.
As long as it's not loose or flaking off.
It'll bind everything together like glue if it's got a chalky dusty surface, also seals it ready for the high build.

Status
Not open for further replies.