throw your advice upon me...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackospread

Got render job to do over old brick and newly matched extension brick. Seems quite porous.... rendaid or sbr slurry??? Cheers lads.

Im expametin he joins as usual. Do you top onto rendaid or does it still need scratch coat, whats coverage n price? Ta.

use fibremesh. expamet is a mission. about £14 a bag, 4-5m coverage. tightcoat, bed mesh, tight coat, scratch as norm and top as norm at a later date

Give it a watery coat of sbr then use sbr gauged instead of waterproofer if you're worried about a key or scratch it as normal after a good soak but charge to use rendaid at 3 coat work

u can do the rendaid in 2 coat with fibremesh easy, just a bit of etra mat cost. expamet and sbr is lot of labour. you gotta, sbr, then expamet, then scratch. long winded and prob not far off on mat cost

no? just scratch with mesh bedded. then top it a few days later. i said it as a 2 coat coz you said charge as a for 3 coat work. i didnt no if you meant coz of the extra material cost? but by the time youve bought sbr, scudded it, then fixed expamet, then bought sand cement waterproofer feb etc, and then scratched i wouldnt have thought the mat price would be much more depending on wall size obv, and its far less labour intensive. the ballache is the expamet tbh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.