three sided corner trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got both in Scotland there called paddle,s or twitchers there ok i swap over when the mood takes me, though marshalton are the recent ones

Got given a cheepy ragni corner trowel about a year ago. Never got used to it as it kept on digging lines in the the walls/ceiling, then found myself having to do more work with normal trowel to work it out.

Are corner trowels REALLY that good???? After hearing all you guys raving on about them, i'm thinking of buying a decent one. Which is best then???

all i use mine for it to fill the corners once its all gone stiff..
once ive topped it i run round and run the trowel up the corner, thats it, the rest i do with the standard trowel..

they look a good company render .i want a board tamper and a new level think i will buy from them .prices ain't bad either

i use these all the time. i skim oposite walls never soft edges.run this along all my corners just keeps it nice and square and sharp. (like sharp corners hate it wen they scoop into the corners) They no gud for soft cornrs though. they just dig in

what is it with this workin with hard angle lark get it put on stop fannying around use you angle trowel to do the cornes thats what its designed for

I work to hard internals whenever possible but when working wet internals I use one of the Marshalltown drylining internal trowels (103 degrees) like most other spreads I know. I was taught by my old man to use the twitcher type trowels but after the first time I used the Marshalltown I've never gone back to the twitcher.

i very rarely use a corner trowel, only if i've got several wet corners on in one set. other than that just run your trowel down both edges, cleans any s**t out and makes it nice and straight.

McPlaster said:
Whack it all on and finish early, better standard of finish with a troweled angle

I don't see why you would think that using an internal trowel gives a better standard of finish, the most important thing to get a good standard is your attitude to the work, so if your the type of guy that leaves a good job using an internal trowel then you will also leave a good job using the opposites method and vise versa.

not saying im right or wrong jst was taught this way. i do three sets a day. if im in houses . each room is three sets. so first set i take out the lids of say two bedrooms and bathroom and the window heads. second oposite walls in the rooms and the window reveals in each room. third set finish each room. just feel more organised this way. Scrape and brush up. bead, scrim up .water and powder set for morning. home time. ;). hope my method of work dnt upset n e 1 ;D

wiganlad said:
not saying im right or wrong jst was taught this way. i do three sets a day. if im in houses . each room is three sets. so first set i take out the lids of say two bedrooms and bathroom and the window heads. second oposite walls in the rooms and the window reveals in each room. third set finish each room. just feel more organised this way. Scrape and brush up. bead, scrim up .water and powder set for morning. home time. ;). hope my method of work dnt upset n e 1 ;D

That's really upset me Wiganlad, now stop it :mad:

this is my method put ceilings walls reveals on in two rooms one on stilts doing lid and tops of walls and window head other doing bottoms of walls never have to go back in room hope this hasnt upset anyone

grand wizard said:
this is my method put ceilings walls reveals on in two rooms one on stilts doing lid and tops of walls and window head other doing bottoms of walls never have to go back in room hope this hasnt upset anyone

Very happy with that Grand ;D ;D

wiganlad said:
thats how i used to work on site mate an its spot on but now am a fat lazy b*****d and do one room a day private and get twice as much cash :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.