Those tricky little areas. . .

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimble

Was wondering how you guys deal with those spaces and what tools you favour when you can't get a trowel into, such as small bits of wall next to a door jamb, awkward little angled areas above doors often found in loft conversions etc.

I normally use flat blades that work okay, but been looking at getting a mini trowel. Anyone use these?

Also could anyone recommend a corner trowel for wet corners?

We use filling knives for small strips the trowel wont fit in. Marsheltown angle trowel for corners.

We use filling knives for small strips the trowel wont fit in. Marsheltown angle trowel for corners.

Cheers, I've checked out the marshaltown corner trowels and a lot of them say they're for dry lining. Are these suitable for skim also or is there a different model?

Margin trowels etc got a few difo sizes and a 11 in trowel and me dad has a wee lil trowel shite thou cant hardly get ya hand it as u hit the ceiling or other walk etc lol

And as said about credit card ..... Am sure sum one jn a video has pointed that kne out before ............... Sum man in aberdeen or sumit :RpS_laugh:

Got a selection of margin trowels and a midget trowel.
But its easier to insists they take the architraves off

Margin trowels etc got a few difo sizes and a 11 in trowel and me dad has a wee lil trowel shite thou cant hardly get ya hand it as u hit the ceiling or other walk etc lol

And as said about credit card ..... Am sure sum one jn a video has pointed that kne out before ............... Sum man in aberdeen or sumit :RpS_laugh:

In and one oops

I only live a couple of miles from you Carl and sometimes i struggle reading your posts marra...................:RpS_laugh:

Try these skimble, life will never be the same:

Wilko Everyday Value Filling Blades Plastic x 3 at wilko.com knife

I know they're cheap, but they are the bees knees. They do all the tricky places. You can cut then down to the width you want. You can smooth the edges with wet and dry. They are like mini plazzies. They've changed my life. The tricky places are now a joy to do. They are also flexible. You can also do the mitres on a formed ceiling with them (or one of those thin circular rubber flanges that sanding disks sit on ) They are also safe to use around sockets, being plastic. Even where I can use the midget i'll still second coat and trowel up with these. If they made a really big one I'd do everything with it.

Scrapers. Margin trowels. Midget trowel (aka a normal trowel if you're @Nisus) old credit card/gift cards. Small tool

Last edited by a moderator:
cheap ones will do the job,, other people tend to borrow them and strangely you never see them again

I use a flexible filling tools . Great for areas like that and boss for coving . From wilko s for quid or Sumthin.

Cheers guys, those plastic ones from wilko look good Jurek. The metal ones I use are a bit hard to smooth with so plastic could be the solution!

Try these skimble, life will never be the same:

Wilko Everyday Value Filling Blades Plastic x 3 at wilko.com knife

I know they're cheap, but they are the bees knees. They do all the tricky places. You can cut then down to the width you want. You can smooth the edges with wet and dry. They are like mini plazzies. They've changed my life. The tricky places are now a joy to do. They are also flexible. You can also do the mitres on a formed ceiling with them (or one of those thin circular rubber flanges that sanding disks sit on ) They are also safe to use around sockets, being plastic. Even where I can use the midget i'll still second coat and trowel up with these. If they made a really big one I'd do everything with it.

They look great :RpS_thumbup:

I normally just use a scraper, got a few different sizes. Bought some small tools; prefer a scraper

Status
Not open for further replies.