Thistle stainless finishing trowel for skimmerRob

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky1

Well well , what can i say about this little beastie. I purchased this in 12"/ 300mm to go with my 14" trowel for smaller areas. This trowel looks the part,has an excellent handle, it feels really good in your hand ,it's tough and reasonably light and well balanced ...but it is stiffer than a teenagers hard on.
Using it for Thistle multi-finish it left lines and patches ,was terrible for closing in ,just too harsh , it seems the grain and spring of the sheet steel they use is just all wrong for these budget priced trowels , this one works out at around £15 delivered. But all is not lost , I've found a use for it in applying Bonding , Hardwall , punching on render and gyproc adhesive,and finally for cleaning off spotboards and floors, so as a general purpose trowel ok but as a finishing trowel (made by Thistle for Thistle finish plasters ahem), purrrrrleeeeze.
The task of laying and finishing smaller walls is now being handled by a stainless steel Marshalltown 11" which is in a different league. The Ragni superlite 11" comes somewhere between the two.
I'm relating my own opinion so others may differ.

uhm.....think i'll give it a miss. saw them on belmore for about a tenner and was tempted, just to see. you get what you pay for i suppose. i got a 18" draper stainless a couple of months ago and that was crap, flexing all over the place, like that wobble board ralph harris used to have.....:RpS_unsure:

uhm.....think i'll give it a miss. saw them on belmore for about a tenner and was tempted, just to see. you get what you pay for i suppose. i got a 18" draper stainless a couple of months ago and that was crap, flexing all over the place, like that wobble board ralph harris used to have.....:RpS_unsure:
I'm sure you mean Rolf Harris the "toddler fiddler"

tyzack marshall town are all medioke trowels but 15 quid for an all singing all dancing does this does that ready to go here n there finishing trowel is a joke m8,if you were a taxi driver full time would you spend 100 quid on banger ready to go and hope it lasts for years ..this trowel is your bread n butter, what customers see (and feel) at the end of the day..i've used endless finishing trowels since 1983 .....tool kraft gold are an american company, you pay alot more but is less harder on your elbow n shoulder it makes life alot easier..think about it the yanks n the germans are well advanced than us in construction...for me anything goes with the two

Status
Not open for further replies.