Thistle pro finish.

Members online

Fast set. More like rocket set. Mixed a bag today in the heat and it nearly caught me out. On a plus note. I got the job finished and got paid!
Did same to me tbf...its not the time as such more that it flashes in about 5mins from normal to set with no warning

Did same to me tbf...its not the time as such more that it flashes in about 5mins from normal to set with no warning
You’ve got to flatten it soon as it on. Or it all goes tits up. I did a small ceiling 1/2 bag. Turned out perfect. 1 hour.

Having halftime bags on the van seems to make more sense, at least you can just store multi and adjust how much additive to put in dependant how quick you need it to go off. I’ve found it a great addition to the tool kit. The bonding speed up sachets are a whole other beast, as Casper says solid bucket isn’t uncommon lol

Used around ten bags now and not sure about two coats with same mix, better on boards but not on grit. Good consistent setting times, be interesting to see how it goes in winter.

We did the training in Kirby-Thore on Tuesday. Must say I loved the FastSet finish. Just right for a quick one wall, maybe for evening or Saturday morning job
s3 peasants GIF

Are you flattening off between coats?
Yes, not mixing too wet as i want to fill out beads and scrim. When i used unifinish which i think this is similar i could knock up any left over mix in bucket and it would second coat perfect. Obviously we cant with this stuff, im happy to mix a second fresh batch and its still gonna be faster setting than board or multi.

Last edited:
Yes, not mixing too wet as i want to fill out beads and scrim. When i used unifinish which i think this is similar i could knock up any left over mix in bucket and it would second coat perfect. Obviously we cant with this stuff, im happy to mix a second fresh batch and its still gonna be faster setting than board or multi.
If you do use a fresh mix for the 2nd coat, make sure the 1st is really flat. Any trowel lines will grin through to the 2nd and you can’t trowel them out. Also you’ve got to be sharp and make sure the 1st doesn’t set before you get the 2nd on