Thistle one coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

grump

Bg have stopped projection plaster, they say one coat is as good or even better, I havnt used either so wondered on your opinions of the stuff. If its crap il have to open an account with another merchant for mp75

one coat, i presume that is thistle universal.
which is applied , ruled off, left to pick up, sponge float to bring up fat, trowel up.
setting time can be slow
a usefull plaster on the right job. we have recently used thistle universal on a restoration of an old mill, the plaster was not decorated. after the plaster had dried out we applied a coat of lux washing flakes mixed with water with a sponge and polished with a lambs wool cloth. if ever the owner wanted to decorate at a later date the lux flakes would be able to clean off the plaster quite easy.

i hate one coat it always blisters like fewk.............or maybe its just me...................:RpS_unsure:

I have skimmed with it, found it hard work, we used to add colour to it in the 90s, it was a fad then

Hay Grump

Why don't you give Clive at Knauf a call to get your MP75 questions answered...... he is also Quinns on the forum if you want his contact details....

he might be on here later.....

if you want his details, PM me or e mail me or text me (details on my profile) - or give me a call in the morning....

I see that you have Currier helping you on another post - they have used MP75 a lot as well. or you could contact your PFT supplier - Les and Jonesy will be able to help with machine settings, they have used MP75.

good luck mate - If you have any problems, give me a call tomorrow!

Richard

What you do arti is rule your one coat flat and i mean as flat as a witches tit then when slightly picked up drag a spat or i use one of those lightweight edges from wickes over the surface on edge so it tears it open then when this has been opened up for 10 mins sponge float it with plenty of water which will bring up the fats and grump just use mp75 I've never sprayed universal thought it was for hand app

What you do arti is rule your one coat flat and i mean as flat as a witches tit then when slightly picked up drag a spat or i use one of those lightweight edges from wickes over the surface on edge so it tears it open then when this has been opened up for 10 mins sponge float it with plenty of water which will bring up the fats and grump just use mp75 I've never sprayed universal thought it was for hand app
You the man Gibbo............this is why i told everyone you were misunderstood....................:RpS_thumbup:

Guys, I agree with Gibbo, opening the surface with a spat before sponging minimises bubbling of the plaster, as aguide complete start to finish for MP75 is 3hs 30mins to 4 hrs and sprayed to 70-75 mtr gauges a day can be applied. If you need any more assistance with Mp75 or any other Knauf plaster contact me, details on my profile.

Quints you the knauf guy and do you lot still have that sort of a blonde bird working for you

Quinns do you know any contractors in the south east that are using your pre bagged stuff. Its something im keen to get into but i can't seem to get any of my normal guys to use it. Looking for doors to get our foot in.

We have the labour, ritmo, high air compressor, rotory sanders and dust extractor ready to go but nothing to go at

Hi Steve

Clive is not a regular user on here (like some of us.... ahem)..... I have messaged him to ask him to get back in touch with you.

I know that we have done lots of projects with the pre mixed plaster in London and the SE, I don't know all of the guys who do the work myself though.

If Clive doesn't come back on over the weekend, give him a call on Monday - his mobile number is on his profile.

Did you get any feedback on the boarded render job you were pricing?

good luck in 2013 all at Currier Plastering!

Nah they never come back at all :RpS_mad: Reckon they didnt like being told the original spec was all wrong :RpS_laugh:

Im itching to do a bit of plano/deco work, and im sure their is not to many people setup with the plant to do it

Last edited:
Steve, we have anumber of guys using the RMP products on their own projects, a couple who look for labour only aswell. I'll call you to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.