Thistle Bond it

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderholebob

Hi fellas, im new here, been lurking a while but this is my 1st post and need a bit of advice.

Ive got a ceiling to redo for a builder. He got some guys in to pull down old ceiling, re-board and skim.
The joists are up n down like a camels back and they didn't bother to straighten it up so now the ceiling line looks like the ocean.

Builder has put Thistle Bond it on the ceiling and asked me to straighten it up. Im gonna have to bond out some areas because its too thick just for a skim, probably up to 10mm in places.

So my question is, will 10mm of bonding + skim stay up on a ceiling with Thistle Bond it?

Apologies for sounding like a thick c**t but im old school so have always used pva and always lay on when its tacky.
I just thinking it might be too much weight with 10mm of bonding hanging on to a bit of grit.

What do guys think?

Hi fellas, im new here, been lurking a while but this is my 1st post and need a bit of advice.

Ive got a ceiling to redo for a builder. He got some guys in to pull down old ceiling, re-board and skim.
The joists are up n down like a camels back and they didn't bother to straighten it up so now the ceiling line looks like the ocean.

Builder has put Thistle Bond it on the ceiling and asked me to straighten it up. Im gonna have to bond out some areas because its too thick just for a skim, probably up to 10mm in places.

So my question is, will 10mm of bonding + skim stay up on a ceiling with Thistle Bond it?

Apologies for sounding like a thick c**t but im old school so have always used pva and always lay on when its tacky.
I just thinking it might be too much weight with 10mm of bonding hanging on to a bit of grit.

What do guys think?
No problem.

I think the skim will stick suck in quick on the bond it if he went straight over the new skim when it was dried out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pva it bond and skim after that grab your dosh and drive away as fast as you can. Job done.

What they said ^

Must admit though, it's pretty normal for a ceiling line to be all over the shot, very very rarely does someone ask for it straightening out, a board and skim is just that, going to follow the joists regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.