thistle bond it v febond blue grit v wickes bonding agent v pva water sand

Status
Not open for further replies.

thfc191

Hi guys i have used thistle bond it expensive 45 a tub 10 l is this similar to roll on as wba 15 quid 3kg or febond blue grit 22 quid 10l i've never used those 2.

What do you guys like using and why :RpS_biggrin:

I also heard about sand water pva mixture ? have you guys come across this :RpS_unsure:

What is in bond-it? I mixed some sbr and CPI render into a slurry and it looked the same! Went a nice purple colour too.

Also is microgob for out sides More or less the same as bond-it.

Pva mostly for me and betokontakt on realy high suction suction surfaces ooh matron
Knauf betokontakt is same as wickes own really good stuff When i started labouring I had to roll it on hundreds of meters of tiles and they skimmed next day amazing

Pva mostly for me and betokontakt on realy high suction suction surfaces ooh matron
Knauf betokontakt is same as wickes own really good stuff When i started labouring I had to roll it on hundreds of meters of tiles and they skimmed next day amazing
Wrong way round you tit

Ive used on both I would class the old school grey plaster high suction and it saves you having to pva tons of times.

I first started using when labouring for a guy in a tesco store where i rolled it all over meters and meters of tiles bloody good stuff

Have you not used it on high suckers.

Yeah i did a job last year and when we got there the customer had covered the whole job in bond-it and we had sections were it was crazing it went ok in the end but i dont think we would of had the problem if we would have pva'd it.

some times pva just drys straight in theese are the high suckers i meant.

I use PVA 95% of the time and beto on the stuff pva is not man enough for

beto or wickes own is an expensive way to go PVA is the dogs noots

some times pva just drys straight in theese are the high suckers i meant.

I use PVA 95% of the time and beto on the stuff pva is not man enough for

beto or wickes own is an expensive way to go PVA is the dogs noots

I agree the only time we use it is on concrete and silk paint other than that it gets the pva treatment.

Hi guys i have used thistle bond it expensive 45 a tub 10 l is this similar to roll on as wba 15 quid 3kg or febond blue grit 22 quid 10l i've never used those 2.

What do you guys like using and why :RpS_biggrin:

I also heard about sand water pva mixture ? have you guys come across this :RpS_unsure:
Thisilbond/febbond both great products but pva wather sand nearly as good chepper

Status
Not open for further replies.