Thinking of doing a course

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

I have recently started my career in the plastering trade and i am thinking of taking on a marble plastering course is there a lot of work in the uk for this type of work :confused:

There is but you have to look for it :)

Lots of people dont know it exists so maybe contacting bathroom fitters and what not to see if they could promote it :)

Good luck

Gold Trowel do a good Marble Plastering course probably one of the best in the country

Danny

Ok cheers danny sounds like a plan mate lets just hope it works lol

Gold trowel is the way i think i have heard good things well thanks for your advice danny

hi owls, can't understand your comment, have been a spread for many years, bones are aching etc.. however I have done quite a few good jobs since doing my course and it actually depends on the people that you choose to train with, youknow the people that are expienced and I can tell you now that when I went and did mine i only wished i would have done moons ago, so as for your joke bit mmmmm na don't think so. what's your line of work?

Read previous posts on courses
Understand this,Ive lost count the number of lads that ive given starts to that ive sent home by dinner because of substandard work, and theve told me after that theve intialy completed a course,and that ive seen on sites over the years that have been sent packing by dinner time that are coursers.now you may say that im generalising but im speaking from experience and that is how ive found it to be.
I dont like the way that they tell you you will earn x amount once youve completed your intence course and that you can go and work in someones house the week after.
Work is hard enough to find at the moment on the domestic scene with out an abundace of coursers pricing against you,maybe im biast as i did a 4 year apprenteship many moons ago and learnt the hard way and had to put up with shite money for years.
go and learn hands on with a 'proper' spread youll learn more than any course,ive done it with lads over the years to give them experience,and you wont get your wallet raped in the process.

Owls mate I think they are on about a course in marble plastering as an addition to there plastering skills. I think!

doubt you would find many spreads doing marble plastering that are willing to take on on someone....

Yeah see that one finnyman problem is i have,nt done the course yet then they want experiance i cant even get a job plastering as i dont have time served any pointers on how to get on a sight where i can gain some experiance???????????????

OR CAN SOMEONE HELP LOL

you need to get on with another spread for basic plastering skills... I think marble plastering si going to suit someone who can already plaster as its a good string to your bow and also means you are not restricting your self.

You cant buy experience unfortunately, course or no course you still need some real experience :)

havent you got to be able to skim to the standard that reflects all light perfectly from all angles on every substrate?
be funny to watch a noob plasterer trying to get a decent finish with venetian on something full of stripes, waves and misses... :-0

putting varous basecaot such carrara's and intonchino will take that away from the substrate, it is not english plastering that people do, its process on process and understanding what's required. youse dont have to be a plasterer. my life has spent doing this and if given good skills and wanting to learn then it can be done. i would say carraraboy is right

Yes finnyman i have c&g cscs but thats the easy part mate i have also done a few reskims but that does,nt make me a time served spread or does it ? looool

been thinking about starting a plastering course myself.

I could come on here with different alias' promoting my course, might even pretend to be italian too - that'll shift some venetian plaster, won't it? :RpS_wink:

The false alias thing is annoying.
Ruins an otherwise useful forum and is clearly obvious in this section

so what's with the alias then. There are many people on this site with those alias, twitcher is one. I have used the plastering section since day one of it ever been in existence. You banter on which is good fun, but when it comes to underpinning knowledge and doing the odd course for another bow is fine. Without certian people giving input forums wouldn't exist. As for recommending certain companies well thats what its for aswell. There has been much envy of polished plastering. Uveco. for the forum users what is the breakdown of your venetian product just so that people have some idea. Twitcher comm on man tell us what you know. I have read many of your threads and it seems you like stoking the fire but know little. Lets keep the forum hot. As for Simone from italy he is a user on here.

this section is a bit weak in terms of attracting lots of experienced polished plasterers. But over time this could change.

thing is, this weakness is being exploited by plastering schools on venetian plaster and also sells materials.

it aint a coincidence is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
you going down the wrong route twitcher, but at the end of the day it seems that you miss the whole point. EXPERIENCE, and that helps along with top quality materials, and it's not worth mugging people over with rubbish products. That's where it falls down.As for essex mmm, na

Sorry lads for the italics will stop using them as it upsets people who need help reading, and as for the conspiriacy u lads u need to get a grip i asked a Q not to sell products or advertise a buisiness

Would like to add to danny thanks for your support i have manageged to get on with a small plastering firm as an improver will keep in touch many thanks as this is what the forum is for isnt it

Carraraboy, i agree with you about the experience thing. I am also here to offer help and advice to anybody who is trying to get into this form of plastering. I try and be as careful as i can regarding specific product advice and would not rubbish or favour one supplier/product or give advice about something i did not know about.
If i can help somebody here I will. Like you, I have a lot of experience and knowledge to share.

ok this is what i know... 40% marble flour 60% limeputty plus tints different size marble flour/dust for different finishes

Carraraboy, i agree with you about the experience thing. I am also here to offer help and advice to anybody who is trying to get into this form of plastering. I try and be as careful as i can regarding specific product advice and would not rubbish or favour one supplier/product or give advice about something i did not know about.
If i can help somebody here I will. Like you, I have a lot of experience and knowledge to share.

That's good mate, shows some honesty and integrity.

mm twatcher good to hear from you. well now you know who iam , why don't you come clean and let everyone who you are not. I say this once and you aint answer to the question, but you know nothing mate, if you need to discuss further pm me.. There are many users who have heard of me over the years. you are a waste of spacemate, envious, no experience and have no integrity. Regardless of this I will remain here to help others and to guide them where I feel is appropiate. Like I said pm me mate go for it. As for your inuendos pm to me I will not discuss any further it's a forum. As for the breakdown of what products are has to be over 50% for Venetian. But you know that don't you twicth, NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.