Thinking about leaving my factory based job to work with a friend who is a plasterer

• Thread starter Deleted member 41752
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 41752

Hi everyone I am thinking about leaving my job to join a friend of mine in the plastering game who is willing to teach me he has warned the money will not be great to start with which I totally understand. I'm 26 years old is this a wise move to make and could I make it work? I would just like to hear some thoughts of people who have made a similar desicion and that work in the same trade.
Thanks

Hi everyone I am thinking about leaving my job to join a friend of mine in the plastering game who is willing to teach me he has warned the money will not be great to start with which I totally understand. I'm 26 years old is this a wise move to make and could I make it work? I would just like to hear some thoughts of people who have made a similar desicion and that work in the same trade.
Thanks
Wasn’t you on here the other day?

Thanks
Even if he's only giving you £70 a day it's still probably not far off what you're earning now? If you get decent you'll be earning 2.5k+ a month working for him as a plasterer I would guess and 4kish working for yourself depending on whereabouts in country your based. Be prepared for 6months minimum of decent graft before you get to a reasonable standard and able to do jobs on your own though

Even if he's only giving you £70 a day it's still probably not far off what you're earning now? If you get decent you'll be earning 2.5k+ a month working for him as a plasterer I would guess and 4kish working for yourself depending on whereabouts in country your based. Be prepared for 6months minimum of decent graft before you get to a reasonable standard and able to do jobs on your own though
He's offers less money than that tbh that's why I'm thinking is it worth taking the jump. But it would be worth it in the long run I suppose

6 months? Took me 10 years lol

I wish depends where you are in country lucky to get 120 a day where i am and i pay the lad who works for me 80 a day and hes a fully qualified plasterer

6 months? Took me 10 years lol
Yeah that's why I said minimum lol. There's also a chance after 6 months that he still won't be able to put a bead on properly and still cutting 50% of boards wrong, and won't have even picked up a trowel...

Thanks
How much experience does this friend of yours have??