Things are looking up

Members online

Dropsalot

Private Member
IMG_0120.JPG
saw this today

Just a shame most of the new houses are tape and joint, a lot of rendering to be done though.

Hope that this trend continues to build so the market grows,....more money going around is a good thing. If we all have to do a bit of rendering, well that's not too bad......

Read something similar the other day @Dropsalot , I ain't no economic strategist but view articles like this as good sign too, even though most of my work is refurb .. Domestic work I noticed over last 2 years has been busiest in terms of calls and new enquiries since I started too.
Especially at this time of year and with all the brexit gobbledygook leaves a good feeling for 2017.
Bring it on.

Agree @Vincey...the feel good factor trickles down....loads more people improving rather than moving. Those telly programmes are good because they show people what can be done, and that it needn't be a pain.
I'm with you....bring it on. :sisi:

I hate the new build housing estate houses... the thought of being that close to my neighbour would bug the crap out of me

I hate the new build housing estate houses... the thought of being that close to my neighbour would bug the crap out of me
They squeeze every last living inch available to maximise every single penny possible.

I see these a lot and think.... hmmmm if there was a real demand the prices would increase.....
Prices definetly have gone up here in the last year,but we'll never see the money from the good times.Fcuk all apprentices here or lads that want to do a days work.

Think I might stick bricklaying at side of my van since I have everything else on it, pop across the pond and get the 350 a day I keep hearing about l. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it in no time lol. Might even buy myself one of them bricky mates and I'll be firing them in in no time.

Prices definetly have gone up here in the last year,but we'll never see the money from the good times.Fcuk all apprentices here or lads that want to do a days work.

Prices going up in West as well. About fcuking time too. As for the good time prices, ya just never know. With the shortage here, the prices might just creep up to it.

Time to go multi trade...@Vincey?
Mabye move to Ireland and clean up;)
No disrespect to my multi friends on forum, never in the time of the next millennium will I multi trade..

But definitely am going to Ireland this year, already booked there to meet up with the best they got.

No disrespect to my multi friends on forum, never in the time of the next millennium will I multi trade..

But definitely am going to Ireland this year, already booked there to meet up with the best they got.
Sock it to them vince (y)

Are you sure ya msgd me,must check my mail again :inocente:

I'm sure they print these things as an advert to lure workers in from afar, not that anyone's gonna get paid any great deal better on sites but few domestic customers may read and swallow it and get things done sooner and pay.
Think it's same everywhere in boom times the quality of work goes down the pan as the greedy developers don't give a fuk, lots of little brown envelopes passing desks n shoite getting signed off.

I dont believe half of it what the papers or online media says, if there would be such a shortage, people wouldn't advertise jobs in central London for 110 a day. Plenty out there struggle day to day due to the middle man and umbrella companies taking the cream.

I dont believe half of it what the papers or online media says, if there would be such a shortage, people wouldn't advertise jobs in central London for 110 a day. Plenty out there struggle day to day due to the middle man and umbrella companies taking the cream.
I might start an umbrella company. Never stops raining in this country. Got to be a moneyspinner.

The shortage is for cheap skilled labour , which means more and more trades are standing their ground ! ;)
Im not disagreeing but the amount of people I seen moaning week before Christmas that they haven't got paid and they have no money to put food on the table makes me question life sometimes. People can stand their ground as long as they like but there's always someone who's desperate to pay the mortgage or put money on the meter.

Im not disagreeing but the amount of people I seen moaning week before Christmas that they haven't got paid and they have no money to put food on the table makes me question life sometimes. People can stand their ground as long as they like but there's always someone who's desperate to pay the mortgage or put money on the meter.
And here is where the become " not skilled" for some reasons. You bend once, next they want you on your knees. Unfortunately is the reality and everyone is dealing differently with it. Bottom line - if there is shortage they will,start stealing labours from each other and we all know what this means , or at least will,start apretiate and take care of the ones they have;)

And here is where the become " not skilled" for some reasons. You bend once, next they want you on your knees. Unfortunately is the reality and everyone is dealing differently with it. Bottom line - if there is shortage they will,start stealing labours from each other and we all know what this means , or at least will,start apretiate and take care of the ones they have;)
There's no shortage imo, domestic jobs are flooded with trades especially this time of the year, I can't really comment on site work so I'd leave that to others.

Saying it's picking up yet in the plasterers looking for plasterers there are a few up north that haven't got anything

Saying it's picking up yet in the plasterers looking for plasterers there are a few up north that haven't got anything
There's so many plasterers up north we're all tripping over each other. Not enough work for everybody.

If your good you get kept til last knocking in London even the crap ones are busy
Just went to look at a job in Harrow yesterday, builder said he had 2 quotes already one from Sheffield and one from Liverpool, mindboggling. How on earth it's worth their while to come down for a week and pay digs and all is beyond me.

It Is Definitely busier now then before on the domestic side, I have invested no time in advertising, being a bit unprofessional and letting some down, put a few higher prices in to slow it down and I will still be busy through Feb already.

A neighbour was speaking to me the other day and some labourers are earn 160 a day in places and decent brickie upto 400....... if that's true I would be happily just labour for that.

Just went to look at a job in Harrow yesterday, builder said he had 2 quotes already one from Sheffield and one from Liverpool, mindboggling. How on earth it's worth their while to come down for a week and pay digs and all is beyond me.
Sleeping in the vans,done it loads in my 20s working away.

All I can say good luck with that, I'm not cut out for that anymore to hack it in a cold van, did it 15-20 years ago but definitely not prepared to do it now lol
Likewise but that's how guys work away n make dosh without the digs, I could of slept on a washing line back then.
Generally so wasted didn't give a fuk about much and everything was just laugh.