thin render

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

i've just been to see a job where the customers had some french doors taken out and the doorway blocked up. the cowboy brickie has left 10mm for render. i'm pretty certain this is too thin to use s/c so what i want to know is what is the minimum thickness for ocr? i've never used it before so i'd like to try it.

dont know about min but you would get that nicely in one coat once you use it mate you wont want to use anything else :)

dont start talking jibba jabba with me boys. i need it in laymens terms. i only discovered ocr when i came on here. let alone base coat!

any preference to brand? theres a place in cov that supply weber products so if theyre all the same i'll just get it from there.

whatever u can get easiest. On saying that somecunt is selling parex monurex or something on ebay and they will deliver. might be worth it thats a base coat ocr

essexandy said:
Steve just do it in S&C with fibres and a little SBR if your really feeling fussy.

would that be ok andy? i can get fibres easily enough. would it need 2 tight coats or just the one coat? i've been quoted a tenner a bag for the ocr, anywhere in cov has to order it in and i only want 3/4 bags.

thats what i mean mate, i only need 4 bags and they will have to order it in specifically because nowhere stocks it. thats why i think its expensive. if andy says fibres and sbr are good enough then who am i to argue. he is the rendering king

OCR - (one coat render) or basecoat etc all the same stuff polymer blended in a bag. some can go on at 6mm onto good background. but i prefer 10mm upwards roughly does about a Msq a bag

steve cov said:
essexandy said:
Steve just do it in S&C with fibres and a little SBR if your really feeling fussy.

would that be ok andy? i can get fibres easily enough. would it need 2 tight coats or just the one coat? i've been quoted a tenner a bag for the ocr, anywhere in cov has to order it in and i only want 3/4 bags.

A single 10mm coat should be fine Steve, use a decent waterproofer (I use Everbuild 3in1) and after make sure it is allowed to cure slowly.

essexandy said:
steve cov said:
essexandy said:

A single 10mm coat should be fine Steve, use a decent waterproofer (I use Everbuild 3in1) and after make sure it is allowed to cure slowly.

ill go for that then mate, and if it goes wrong i can give you the address and you can pop round and do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.