thin coat silicone render

Members online

stoney13

Hi ive been asked to do a gable end on a garage extension and the client wants a colored 1.5mm grit ive been looking at using the johnstones base coat as the k rend takes to long before I can coat it have any of you boys used there system and is it any good???

Is it on 7n block? Any base this time of year shouldn't take to long to dry.
If it's new block work it will suck like a hooker on a bonus.

Was going to use them on a job a few months ago but they let us down on delivery so not tried them since , tbh most basecoat safe similar, try parex parmurex or if you want cheaper then krend GP mortar , both are good for tc base

I have just finished an ewi done in Johnstones. Very good gear to use.

My only gripe is that they don't deliver. They only deliver to the local Johnstones paint distributer. Bit of a bind picking it up in batches. No fork lift either.

I have just finished an ewi done in Johnstones. Very good gear to use.

My only gripe is that they don't deliver. They only deliver to the local Johnstones paint distributer. Bit of a bind picking it up in batches. No fork lift either.
Had johnsons rep ring me yesterday offering to take us out for lunch as they let us down on our first order , I pointed out that it was a pain if we were one tub short on a job then we'd have to wait for it to come down from Yorkshire , he told us that we could over order by a couple of tubs and would be able to get a credit if didn't need them, and that's on the tinted colours , fair play ! But can't see them sticking to that agreement tbh [emoji1]