Thin coat renders

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
Is it possible to put these systems onto clay bricks, or are they designed for EWI systems?

How would the cost compare between through colour render an average 3 bed semi and thin coat acrylic?

You can put them on bricks use the KRend HP12 base coat level out and smooth then appy primer and TC15 top coat easy.

Monos cheaper anything can be done with an acrylic finish you use either a base or an adhesive coat

Thickness of base coat......well the British Standards says it needs to be about 15mm but you should be ok about 10mm if using HP12

whats the minimum thickness for a basecoat on block/brick if your topping with acrylic?

I had a 6mm and an 8mm spec before but it was specied with a block primer and a silicone texture but like i told em there aint a block wall that will get over with 6mm plus ruling/rubbing/floating all become stupid.

10mm base with an acrylic top is a common spec and at least you got summit to work with at 10mm

Spot on there Plasterjfe ,WBS say there hp12 covers over 2m2 at 6mm onto blockwork which doesnt give you much play if the brickwork is out, that 6mm should only apply to the ETICS.Plus I always use 10mm stops and 10mm angle beads on blockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.