Thin coat render basecoat

Members online

No members online now.

solway

Anyone know what temp thincoat render can withstand. Fireplace is floated with sand cement. I don't want to skim as is it will crack/blow off. I f**k**g hate using victas s**t. I was thinking of putting a tight skim of basecoat over the sand cement (steel trowel finish) would it survive..?

Iv skinned loads and there usually ok provided there's the minimum 150mm clearance around the burner. If there isn't they shouldn't be fitting it anyway so that's your excuse if it does crack

Log burner inserted,1 of those see through one's stand in the middle of the room and the breast/stack built around it

I`ve only ever used the fire cement stuff round them...always seen them blow off anything gypsum-based but dunno about renders?

They want the same polished effect of skim and it's already floated and keyed for skim so to do a smooth sponge finish the floated coat will have to be hacked off(f**k that)

Here are the pics

Attachments

• 1494062853756.jpg
    1494062853756.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 211
  • 1494062873885.jpg
    1494062873885.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 233
Is there a cover over the exposed brickwork? You should be fine skimming that render it's far enough away from the unit. I thought you meant it was in a fireplace opening